• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maze4 on 8800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nope, it doesn't fit. MCW 60 with G80 adaptor kit works perfectly though.

IMG_4108.jpg

define "it doesn't fit"
The Maze 4's footprint is too small. meaning there is no way to make it fit without a custom bracket. That may not even be possible. Believe me here, I have a 8800 and had a Maze 4, it doesn't fit ;)

The Maze 4's footprint is too small. meaning there is no way to make it fit without a custom bracket. That may not even be possible. Believe me here, I have a 8800 and had a Maze 4, it doesn't fit ;)
I didn't get dubbed "Masta Tweeka!" for nothing ^_^
Is the die surface area compatable?

nope. The GPU IHS is quite a bit larger than the blocks cooling area. Even if you could do it I would be very cautious of over heating the GPU. If you are interested though I will be posting my MCW60 up in the classies tom. or sun . so keep your eyes peeled I will be selling mine cheap but there are mcw60's for sale all the time. Make no mistake the mcw60 is a great block I moved to a full cover block and my temps went up 1c.

nope. The GPU IHS is quite a bit larger than the blocks cooling area. Even if you could do it I would be very cautious of over heating the GPU. If you are interested though I will be posting my MCW60 up in the classies tom. or sun . so keep your eyes peeled I will be selling mine cheap but there are mcw60's for sale all the time. Make no mistake the mcw60 is a great block I moved to a full cover block and my temps went up 1c.

Even thought the IHS is larger, I remember reading somewhere that the die surface area was aroung 400mm^2. That should be within the size of the maze4's footprint. Making the bracket would be a viable workaround, I believe. Of course, these days, the trouble of redoing a block might prove to be a bigger hassle than just buying it outright.

Back