• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IP35 vs. IP35 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Socket eh?

Other than the dual PCI-E 16 slots, is there any reason to get the pro over the standard one? I know the IP35-E is the budget version.

Other than the dual PCI-E 16 slots, is there any reason to get the pro over the standard one? I know the IP35-E is the budget version.

They are essentially the same, even the "budget version" IP35-E is quite a good board, I have my E6850 doing 4 GHz with air cooling on an IP35-E

Here is a good review on the IP35-E and its capabilities

IP35 doesnt have 100% solid capacitors and its missing 1 lan port and i think firewire .Im debating on going with the Abit IP35 instead of the Pro.Since i have no plans of running crossfire and i dont usally keep my mobo long enough to worry about the cap's giving out.Plus clubit.com has the IP35 for $125.99 and a $30 MIR so you can get it for $94 after the rebate

http://www.clubit.com/product_detail.cfm?itemno=CA4841006

Last edited:
IP35 doesnt have 100% solid capacitors and its missing 1 lan port and i think firewire
100% solid caps, no but they are all quality caps & those around the cPU are solid - it shouldn't make any difference to peformance but may enhance th eboard's longevity - chaces are that anybody here will have upgraded before it would become an issue.
The IP35 does have firewire.
The Pro does have some nice touches but at least on current UK pricing I don't think that the extras are worth the surcharge over the standard IP35.

the IP35/-E boards are on the same PCB, the pro is designed differently. the all oc good though....

it all comes down to if you need all the bells and whistles, eSATA ports, firewaire crap like that.

The IP35-E and IP35 are very similar and use the same PCB design. Both have only 1 PCI-E 16X slot. The both have one LAN port. The IP35-E has no RAID and no firewire. However, the IP35 does provides RAID (ICH9R) and firewire. The IP35-E has 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors while the IP35 has 6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors. The IP35-E has separate heatsinks on the N/B, S/B, and mosfets while the IP35 has a heatpipe that connects the N/B and mosfets sinks (but has a separate S/B sink).

The IP35 Pro has its own original PCB design, although it looks similar and has many of the same features. Unique to the IP35 Pro is eSATA, external CMOS switch, and two Gigabit ethernet ports. The IP35 Pro has SilentOTES™ meaning the N/B, S/B, and mosfets sinks are all connected with heatpipes. The IP35 Pro has two PCI-E X16 slots (second slot has x4 bandwidth when used in Crossfire). Finally, the Pro model has all solid state caps while the rest only have solid caps around the CPU area.

Thanks batboy
Question? The system I'm building this week:
gpu will later on
q6600
abit IP35 or the pro
tuniq t120
crucial 2*1gb ballistix tracer (8500)
antec server case with some mods for air, and the psu out of my sig pc.
Any problems with this config? I've not decided on the mobo yet.

Thanks batboy
Question? The system I'm building this week:
gpu will later on
q6600
abit IP35 or the pro
tuniq t120
crucial 2*1gb ballistix tracer (8500)
antec server case with some mods for air, and the psu out of my sig pc.
Any problems with this config? I've not decided on the mobo yet.

that looks solid! :soda::soda:

Well, I just got an IP35-Pro from ClubIT, and it has a new board revision (1.1) and a new BIOS not avialable from abit yet (14)... this thing is an overclocking monster... I'm at 475 front side bus, and I'm not even pushing it yet... still on air... I'll see how high I can get it, then slap the vapo on it and crank her up...

BTW, I had a P5K-Premium, but it had more issues than a magazine rack... the major one being the SATA II RAID incompatabilities and super slow hard drive performance...

Well, I just got an IP35-Pro from ClubIT, and it has a new board revision (1.1) and a new BIOS not avialable from abit yet (14)... this thing is an overclocking monster... I'm at 475 front side bus, and I'm not even pushing it yet... still on air... I'll see how high I can get it, then slap the vapo on it and crank her up...

BTW, I had a P5K-Premium, but it had more issues than a magazine rack... the major one being the SATA II RAID incompatabilities and super slow hard drive performance...

i ran into a fsb wall, prolly from the cpu around 485-490.

The two things that sold me on the Pro over the vanilla are:

Rear BIOS reset switch.
Chipset and PRM cooling.

Back