• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SFF core 2 duo board! Suggestions!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oxalic32

I want to build a small form factor computer (microATX). What board would your recommend if i go Core 2?

Onboard Video Chipset Intel GMA 3100

Think that'll suffice for the average pc user? The computer will be for my sister, she is going to browse the internet, use office applications, and possibly watch movies on her computer. Think that onboard video would be too weak?

Aslong as you have a semi-decent processor it should be fine, you could always get a cheaper PCI-E card (7600GS)

hell, even a 945 board would do just fine in sff if your not playing halo heh. I use my GMA900 laptop for all my everyday use, some graphics work and to play back all my .h264 anime content on my hdtv.
It did it fine with a 1.7 ghz dothan, and does it even better with a 2.13 ghz dothan =D. so even if you stick a e4300 or e2xxx in there,its gonna be fine.
if she wants to game, consider picking up a hd2400/2600. they are really cheap, passivly cooled and have hardware video playback. they can of course also run most games at a half *** decent level.
im in the same boat you are kinda. looking for a good cheap mATX. im looking at intel branded 946 boards honestly.

Back