• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my 650i killing my hdd?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Valk

i wasnt sure if i should stick this in the intel section, but i think maybe it pretains because it seems that no matter what, i am getting harddrive errors from my intel.

the system in sig. no matter the oc, it will pass orthos fine for 11 hours+ without incident. but will give me harddrive errors. ie, the read only files on my harddrive for my installers, wont install. my bf2142 patches will fail. things i freshly download, wont install, or claim to be corrupted. hell, my cs3, that worked fine on my laptop from the flash two seconds earlier, wont install. claims the drive is full or doesnt have the right admin rights.

I formated the desktop last night its a fresh install. I thought maybe i solved the problem by turning HPET and GPUEX off in the bios. I also killed my agressive 3-3-3-9 1t timings in favour of the stock 4-4-4-12.

my chip is bsel modded to 1333 fsb, im running it at 1337 to keep it above 3ghz, with 1.35 vcore for safety

there is also the ht bus ratios that no one seems to be able to tell me about. my guess is the 680's have them too, but i guess all the clocks on these boards are locked? I have never had a harddrive go south on me before, so im not sure what im looking at here.
any suggestions would be valid happy ones.

Back