• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6300 Overclock - Help wanted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sinimeister

Sorry if my answers are within these forums, I have tried to find a solution to my problem but couldn't, so hence my post.

Basically, I'm not a hardcore overclocker and really just try to speed up my PC any way I can. I was reading how others got a nice overclock from this processor, so after trying 3.0 GHz and being able to play F.E.A.R., I was smiling.

Anyway, I am just trying to get at least a 2.8 GHz overclock that will be stable. So far I've tried 2.8 GHz, 3.0 GHz, 3.2 GHz and 3.5 GHz. All I have been altering is the FSB and the vcore, since I honestly don't know what else to do. Each of the overclocks I listed had the same result - I POST'd, booted to Windows and everything was fun until I started using some CPU intensive processes. If I am playing a game, after about 3-4 mins of playing, the system just locks up. The CPU temps have been fine, with a 37 C idle and 45ish C load.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to make this stable, if it even is possible? I have read that many people were able to get to at least 3.1 GHz on the stock voltage and even stock cooling. I have a pretty good air cooling setup at the moment, so overheating doesn't seem to be the issue.

Any additional info needed please just ask away, but I think I am just missing something or my hardware might not have been created equally as others.

Thanks to whoever reads this :attn:

Welcome to the forums! :welcome:

The stickies are your friend buddy. Now if you still can't find what your looking for, post back here with your BIOS settings so we could help you better. 2.8GHz shouldnt be hard.

Thanks!

Were you referring to any particular sticky besides the recommended subject formatting?

And currently, I have mostly everything at default except for my FSB and memory settings to try to avoid having instability due to me randomly switching a feature on or off. I can still post these settings though, via screenshots or however though!

Try 2.8 gig again (400 FSB). If you don't already have CPU-Z installed, grab the free download and run the program. Click on the memory tab and see what RAM ratio is shown. If it's 1:1, then you are good. Now try bumping up RAM voltage to at least 2.0v and bump up chipset voltages one notch each. Try raising vcore to 1.35v initially. Now test for stability and check load temps.

Back