• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best way to fill a loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoodleGTS

Hey guys, new to WC so I need some advice.

What's the best way to get this loop filled?

I have an MC655 => MicroRes => Thermochill PA120.2 => Apogee GTX

the radiator is at the top of the case and the pump at the bottom, the res is in a drive bay and the water block is on the proc (duh)..

Since the res is after the pump, not sure how I'd fill it. I can put liquid in the rad before putting the tubes on so that it comes down into the front end of the pump (i need to get enough liquid in there to form a loop...

Could i just put liquid into the res and shake my loop around outisde my case before I plug the pump in?? That seems like the best idea right now...

What's the best way to get this loop filled?
Just add the water to the rez and blip the pump every now and then. Eventually the pump will get enough water to run continuously. Just don't run the punp "dry".

Your res should be feeding your pump to prevent it from running dry and to supply a ready stream of water for the intake.

Yeah, you should put your res in front of your pump.

I have my res going to a rad, then going to the pump. That works out decently. When I fill my loop, I fill the res, then fill the rad manually by tilting my res/case until I get the rad filled (this way, the rad acts as a large res and feeds the pump). On top of that, I fill the other side of my loop (GPU, CPU), and tilt it around to fill the tubes completely as I can. It takes more manual effort but it kills bleeding times as the loop is essentially bled out by the time I finish filling the loop.

Back