• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Preperations For My Build... WC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elluzion

Ok, this is the layout of the case I am going to put together and do my water cooling in. I was wondering about the fans. How will I achieve the coldest case? I wanted to replace the Front 120mm fan, the back 120mm fan, and then put 2 120mm fans on top for the radiator. I want good fans, but I also wanted them to be all Red LED. Does anyone know of good LED fans that still hold their own with pushing or pulling air???

Here's the picture:
11-112-132-0744145.jpg

As you can see, things are gnna be a bit tight with the psu and radiator on top. I will have less than 1'' to spare. lol

Where Can I get good fans?

Oh and what is the purpose of that patent side fan thing???? Cool the gpu??

Thanks everyone

oh and here is what i am going to be having for my watercooling: (if anyone is interested)

http://us-dc1-order.store.yahoo.net...re_id=yhst-65556269779593&sectionId=ysco.cart

cheaper places to get WC'ing stuff?

How do you plan to have the flow of your rad?

Might want to consider a different case for WCing as well?

I am guessing that is a Lian-Li mid tower case. If it is you may not be able to fit the double rad at the top. I actually have close to that same exact case, and my power supply is too long to allow me to put a double rad up top. I think I am going to put it on the bottom of the case if I get around to doing it.

But yeah, that may not be a good case to use. One other option would be to remove the hard drive cage and put the radiator on the front.

That case is too small for what you want to do. Perhaps if you had a single 120mm rad on the back of the case it would be ok but not a dual 120mm on top.

Also that patent fan you asked about is a fan that cools the video cards.

Get a Full size case if you want to do a double radiator, Mine was ful size but I still got a little cramped.

Personally now that i Have done it I would have put the Radiator on top witht the fans underneath sucking the air through the radioator into the PC. Don't plan on pulling air out of the PC +5 C hotter if you do that, trust me I just flipped the fan around after some advice here. Also if you put your rad fan combo on top it will be out of the heat of the case and might make some more roon to work on.

I would be concerned about the plumbing in such a tight space.

I know for a fact that the case could fit the double rad on the inside (the top part) it would be a bit tight though. Another option is that I put it on top. Or where else could I put it? Would it fit on the bottom? How would it mount though? The thing is that a full tower case is way too big imo. I need a case that I can mod but also do water cooling in for under $150, if anyone knows of one (has to be black, no side window)

Also for the case I have above, I could make a metal case to hold the radiator on top of the case, and then I could still put fans on the bottom (2 x 120mm fans)

That case is too small for what you want to do. Perhaps if you had a single 120mm rad on the back of the case it would be ok but not a dual 120mm on top.

Also that patent fan you asked about is a fan that cools the video cards.

The case is meant for a radiator on the back of the case where the 120mm fan is. But I don't think that a single radiator will be enough to cool my q6600 quad core.

I love this case, and It is perfect for modding too. I have looked at full tower lian li cases and just can't find anything that is similar in design or is decent for modding. Err why does this have to be so hard.

Also, I can always do a T-Line to save me space. I know I will have space for a Pump, Possibly that double Radiator on the inside (top of the case) I am always 100% certain everything will fit just fine.

Where can I get good LED fans?

Last edited:
Back