• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

{Situation resolved} Jab Tech Fraudulent?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaDNe55

So I placed an order with Jab Tech over the weekend... as well as a bunch of other places. So anyways I had a bunch of orders coming back with declining my credit card.

So I called my bank and ask WTF? They said one of the companies I ordered from was placed on a fraud list provided to them from a company called "PSCU".
"Which company?" I asked. "Jab-tech", they replied.

So I am not sure why this is the case but Jab-tech doesnt even have a number for me to call. But I did send them an email. They seem to be reputable... maybe this is just some kind of mix up?

Last edited:
lol jab-tech has been fast, dependable and quite reputable for years as far as I am aware.

who or what is PSCU?

I have not had issues with it either. They said the reason it was declined because they were on a list?? :confused:

yeah there's also pacific something credit union and many others with "PSCU"

so there's no way of knowing who they are or if they are BS or not

Update

Ok I called PSCU to find out what the deal was. I think my bank may have jumped the gun when they told me that Jab Tech was on PSCU's fraud list.

The PSCU rep said the reason why my order didnt go through was because my CVV # was wrong (3-digit # on back of card) and that my card was locked because Jab-tech ran it too many times with the wrong CVV. Jab tech also replied to my email with a link to their telephone # on their website. I am going to call them.

http://www.jab-tech.com/help.php?section=FAQ#what

Hehe, that will do it. I had an order on a different site not go through because they never asked for the CVV. ;)

Jab Tech is definitely a reputable company and one of the higher ups in the company (maybe the owner?) is an active member of these forums. He can also be PM'ed here if you have problems with an order I believe.

Jab tech is pretty damn tight on their rules :( They wouldn't let me use my credit card to ship to an address that doesn't match the billing address...all other websites do it no problem but jab-tech tells me i have to call my bank and verify the address, which of course I'm too lazy to do.

jab-tech is completely reliable, safe, and professional. i place my orders with them first if they have what i am looking for. top notch service and support.

jabtek is the username on the forums, contact him directly if you have ANY problems with your orders.

ive been buying from them for years now and never anything but excellent deals extremely fast shipping.

jab-tech definitely gets a :thup: although they probably shouldn't have run the card quite that many times. That seems like something they could improve, I've entered a bad digit once or twice and it just gets rejected once then an email notice, never had any place make my CC get locked up :(

Round 2

Ok, Obviously there was some kind of mix up with Jab-Tech so I re-ordered using a different credit card. Hopefully all goes well :)

Jab Tech is definitely a reputable company and one of the higher ups in the company (maybe the owner?) is an active member of these forums. He can also be PM'ed here if you have problems with an order I believe.

+1 JabTech is :thup:, just bought 2 Thermalright ultra-120's from them and received them fast

I just picked up 8 yate loon's from them last week, they have never let me down in pricing and quality. I even have sent some people from the salt water reef aquarium community I hang out on to them for fans to cool lights with.

Jab tech is pretty damn tight on their rules :( They wouldn't let me use my credit card to ship to an address that doesn't match the billing address...all other websites do it no problem but jab-tech tells me i have to call my bank and verify the address, which of course I'm too lazy to do.

That's to bad, Jab-Tech isn't just looking after Jab-Tech, Jab-Tech is looking after you as well to put the breaks on crooks from placing fraudulent orders.

Like others have said, Jab Tech is an excellent vendor and when I read the thread title I almost fell off my seat in dismay. Jab Tech offers excellent customer service and offers many lower priced shipping methods, he also takes credit card fraud seriously, one cannot fault a vendor for that.

PS, Jab Tech and Newegg are two of my favorite most trusted vendors bar none, But, Newegg is growing and growing and their support is suffering.

Twice in the past week I've called Newegg and twice the wait time was more than 20 min+ I was told that for quicker support, use the live chat feature. Now Jab-Tech isn't Newegg but rather a small vendor making his way in the sea of small vendors, but Jab Tech support is still as good as it gets. Now we just have to get Newegg to hire more customer support reps and get back on track. Jab Tech needs no improvement, as their support is top shelf.

That's to bad, Jab-Tech isn't just looking after Jab-Tech, Jab-Tech is looking after you as well to put the breaks on crooks from placing fraudulent orders.

Like others have said, Jab Tech is an excellent vendor and when I read the thread title I almost fell off my seat in dismay. Jab Tech offers excellent customer service and offers many lower priced shipping methods, he also takes credit card fraud seriously, one cannot fault a vendor for that.

PS, Jab Tech and Newegg are two of my favorite most trusted vendors bar none, But, Newegg is growing and growing and their support is suffering.

Twice in the past week I've called Newegg and twice the wait time was more than 20 min+ I was told that for quicker support, use the live chat feature. Now Jab-Tech isn't Newegg but rather a small vendor making his way in the sea of small vendors, but Jab Tech support is still as good as it gets. Now we just have to get Newegg to hire more customer support reps and get back on track. Jab Tech needs no improvement, as their support is top shelf.

Like I stated there was a misunderstanding. I re-placed my order with them and my yate loons and scythe fans should be arriving tomorrow. :beer:

Like I stated there was a misunderstanding. I re-placed my order with them and my yate loons and scythe fans should be arriving tomorrow. :beer:

I updated the thread title for you now that the issue is resolved
surrender.gif

Back