• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Realtek Onboard Wireless Adapter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamtfk

Ok so I have recently been using the built in adapter on my Asus P5B Deluxe (no Vista support for my old USB adapter) along with a brand new Netgear router and when it works it is fine but I get constant drops in signal which I have never had in my house.

When I ping the router I get random results (Sometimes 100% loss other times 50%) I am thinking it is the adapter. Anyone else have this experience with Realtek? I will go buy a USB adapter if I must...

I have been struggling with the same wireless facility on a P5K-E - trying to setup a wireless Access Point to provide Internet service for another computer. That computer's USB wireless can easily access the internet through several of my neighbor's wireless routers but can't do the same thing through my own ASUS wifi-solo unit. The signal strength is fine but the network setup is frustrating, to say the least.

The problem seems to be all in the Vista user interface to set/edit a few dozen properties that control the behavior of the wifi-solo connection and the network. Everytime I think I am closing in on the right combination, I change one property and the whole thing goes to hell.:bang head

These motherboard equipped wifi units seem to be causing problems with a lot of people, judging from google searches - lots of questions and very few answers.

If you get something working, be sure to post how you did it, here.

Back