• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need pump advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jinu

this is the rig im building for a buddy. i need it to cool...

q6600
EVGA GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
and throw it all in a
COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution w/ the 1000w psu that comes with it.

as far as the watercooling, i wanna go with a Fuzion, 120.3, 2 dd 8800gtx's but im not sure how powerful a pump i need to have for this. also, is the rad ok, or is there something else i would need to have? price is no object and i have been looking at Laing DDC w/ Petra'sTech DDCT-01.

Last edited:
use this one Swiftech MCP655 12v DC Pump

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swmc12vdcpu.html

sidewindercomputers_1965_10681579

+1 for the swiftech mcp655

BTW take a look at the EK 8800 fullcover waterblocks, much better made, and less expensive compared to the DD blocks.

DDC's arnt what they used to be... They have been gimped in the updated versions (less head, by alot), so your best bet is the MCP655.

I wish I got another old DDC while I could, my 13w one with my custom top is noisy and driving me mad (they arnt all like that, my fort DDC was a lot quieter until it burned up)

Last edited:
sweet, MCP655 it is. thanks guys.
icantfindone, thanks for the info on the EK blocks, think i will switch to those.

Back