• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can i use dual graphics on gigabyte GA945GCMX-S2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hasib_sunny

Registered
my mobo is Gigabyte GA945GCMX-S2. it has two pci-e slots. One is x16 and the other is in x4 mode and the mobo box says it supports dual graphics (x16,x4).
the question is, will i be able to SLI or CrossFire GPU's in it ???

No...Intel chipsets do CrossFire and Nvidia does SLI.

The x4 PCI-e slot would be used for a very nice RAID controller...

No...Intel chipsets do CrossFire and Nvidia does SLI.

The x4 PCI-e slot would be used for a very nice RAID controller...

He is asking if he can do either SLI or xfire. But you are correct in what you said. And you and RAID - do you sleep on a RAID 0 configuration pillow or something???

@op: Unfortunately you need two 16x slots and you only have one.

Otherwise you would be able to run crossfire.

Yeah yeah I'll admit it - you could get a nice RAID card for that 4x slot....

ya aja, u got this right. but i tested my gpu on the x4 slot and it worked in x4 mode.
besides the bios has the options to boot in both buses.
I'm using another pc with Biostar 945GZ Micro775 SE which has a pci-e slot in x4 mode and the gpu is also running in it in x4 mode...

i just wanna know that will i be able to use two gpu's at a time in it???

Last edited:
You should be able to use two of them, but only for more monitor support, they wont be able to be combined to improve performance like in SLI or cross fire.

you will be able to do CF not sli though... sli wont work for any intel based chipset board currently...

P965 is the same 16 or 8x/4x type pci-e config and is supported by ati for CF. how ever the 16x/4x or 8x/4x setup will not be as fast as 8x/8x. also if you want cf or sli or even attempt to with that type of PCI-E config its not recommend cause of cost to perfomance. if you out for increasing gaming peformance your better off going with a high end single video card.

Back