• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MS 6728 BIOS problem-anyone know of a new one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

domstar

Hi,
I recently installed a new board(i say new i mean different) as my bait is7 died :( .I am wanting to update the BIOS but the msi is of little use to me. When i select the baord from thier list and select bios updates it shows me a list of all the new bios's as youd expect, however it tells me that none of them can be used ith my board-confused?I was, hence the thread. I was hopeing that somebody else had experienced this and was able to help me find a compatible BIOS. My temps are all wrong(tells me that cpu temp is 12oC and that my system temp is-2oC) and my SATA drives are unstable, also i cant even run some drives that are PATA along with SATA drives and PATA CD-Rom drives. The board I has had no box as it came from a friend so as far as I can tell the board is an MSI Neo 2 P Ver.2, it also says ms6728 neo2 p on the board itself. anyone have any idea what BIOS I need or have a suggestion as to how to identify the board further?
DoM

Back