• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would be the best way for a rad with this case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elluzion

Ok, this is the case that I am getting

11-112-132-08.jpg

link to case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112132

What would be the Best way to do a rad in here. I was thinking a Double Rad. Where would it fit best? Either Bottom, On top of the case (externally) or inside on top. Their isn't much space inside so I was thinking on top of the case and I would make my own shroud or something. what do you guys think???

I could do a tripple externally too, but im still not sure what to do.

That's a very small case for a dual rad. Unless you put it ontop, there's really nothing else you can do.

You might get away with a single 120mm rad in the back right behind where that fan is, but again it's just a guess.

Slap some wheels on it, remove that lower drive cage, and put it on the bottom. Even with the 5.25" rails extending to the base, you should have enough room in there. I can fit a 11.5"x6"x2" heater core in the bottom of my old PC-60, so there's no way a dual fan radiator CAN'T fit that case.

So unless you like sucking hot air into your rad (top mount) or like to impress people at first glance (exterior) or have 15 drives you have to stick in there, the bottom mount will work fine.

Put the rad outside of the case, on the back of it. From pics, it looks like the case has holes for watercooling tubing above back fan.

^well there is barely enough room for one internally at the top. and will it mess up my temperatures/???

I was thinking at the bottom, to tilt it on its side, and add fans on it. (instead of it laying flat on the bottom of the case) I would tilt it on the side and put it close to the cases side slide out thing. I would probably have to take out that side patent fan though.

ALso I could raise the case on something and then cut holes in the bottom for a radiator. I kind of like that Idea. I DO NOT WANT WHEELS I think they look dumb. What could I use to raise the height of the case for fans on the bottom. Or something professional like???

THANKS GUYS!

Put the rad outside of the case, on the back of it. From pics, it looks like the case has holes for watercooling tubing above back fan.

but wouldn't that only be able to hold a single radiator and not a double????

More or less I am moving towards putting it al the bottom. wont it mess with my
7 expansion bays things under the motherboard tray???

I don't want it on the outside of the case for sure.

Last edited:
Check it out, what do you guys think of this case? I think it is perfect for watercooling. I need it at a good price. Anyone help???

Lian-Li_PC_A70B_Case_Front_Stock.jpg

This way I could put the radiator towards the top of the case, and just lose 2 of the 5.25 bays

what do you guys think??????? :D its a full tower

I found it for $220 the cheapest....

i still thin you should build a case... that one is nice but thats a ton of money for a powerless metal box. btw: i'd do a 360 rad.

^if i got that case I would do a tripple radiator on top. I have never built a pc before or even put one together. THis is my first build lol. I have been spending a lot of time on these forums asking questions and getting ready for this build to make it perfect.

I dont mind spending the money on it. I have a $1500 budget :D

water coolin baby

but wouldn't that only be able to hold a single radiator and not a double????

More or less I am moving towards putting it al the bottom. wont it mess with my
7 expansion bays things under the motherboard tray???

I don't want it on the outside of the case for sure.

It would hold double, thought rady would block one dvi connector on video card.

Another way would be cutting two tubing holes, and 4 small holes in the top of the case and mounting any kind of radiator. Since you don't want have outside it won't work. Options for mounting larger radiator inside of midsize case are limited without major modification.

^^well I am going to get the case I posted right above you. It will work perfect for an internal tripple radiator Thanks a lot for your help. I just need something bigger and more room to work with so for the extra money I think it will be worth it. :D

Back