• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Original BIOS For ECS 650i

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

truptrup

Registered
Does anyone know where i can get the 3/17/2007 BIOS for a ECS 650i motherboard? It is the original bios that shipped with the board.

Or if any kind ECS 650i owner would copy their BIOS for me.

My memory needs 2.1v to run at stock speeds and timings and with the bios updates from ecs its limits the memory volts to 1.95.

ECS has terrible customer support. It took me several times reading their replies to understand all the spelling and grammar errors.

Also, I heard of modding a bios. Is that possible for my board.
http://www.ecsusa.com/ECSWebSite/Pr...etailid=733&DetailName=Bios&MenuID=44&LanID=9

Hopefully this board can work for me.

Last edited:
if you find someone that could mod that bios there is a chance it wont work. if they offer only 1.95v for the dimms then there is a reason for it. also that board being that cheap i wouldnt have expected any dimm voltages. some of there boards do you just need to read the manuals first.

sounds like your stuck looking for new ram...

*edit*
these will work perfect for you
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231087
they need 1.9-2.0 since its giving 1.95v your covered. they use that range cause some mobos dont allow small voltage steps. its either 1.8,1.9,2.0

Thanks for the reply
The original bios supported up to 2.2v then i updated to get cpu multiplier control and they dropped it to 1.95v.
I want the old bios to get up to 2.2v

Thanks for the reply
The original bios supported up to 2.2v then i updated to get cpu multiplier control and they dropped it to 1.95v.
I want the old bios to get up to 2.2v

hmm if thats the case then you might have to wait for another bios release from them for that to get fixed.

the only thing i could suggest is emailing them or calling back. tell them options in the bios for your computer to work are missing.

Back