• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC noob, need some help with my new setup!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoodleGTS

Hi,

I just installed my new WC loop and I'm trying to get it running correctly before I put my processor back in. My questions are:

1) My loop seems to have lots of air bubbles in it right now. Is there a special way to get rid of them or will running the loop long enough eventually send all the bubbles into my reservoir?

2) I have a swiftech mc655. How much noise should it be making? I know it's adjustable.. how loud is it at the highest/lowest speeds for you guys?

3) My pump every now and then will start creating bubbles.. so many small ones that my red coolant goes pink-ish and my res level goes all the way up to the top! WTF??

4) I lapped my IHS on my Q6600.. how do I compensate for this on my Apogee GTX? I'm having a tough time mounting because the water block is curved but my processor is flat.

Thanks a million guys.

Hi,

I just installed my new WC loop and I'm trying to get it running correctly before I put my processor back in. My questions are:

1) My loop seems to have lots of air bubbles in it right now. Is there a special way to get rid of them or will running the loop long enough eventually send all the bubbles into my reservoir?

2) I have a swiftech mc655. How much noise should it be making? I know it's adjustable.. how loud is it at the highest/lowest speeds for you guys?

3) My pump every now and then will start creating bubbles.. so many small ones that my red coolant goes pink-ish and my res level goes all the way up to the top! WTF??

4) I lapped my IHS on my Q6600.. how do I compensate for this on my Apogee GTX? I'm having a tough time mounting because the water block is curved but my processor is flat.

Thanks a million guys.

Umm what do you mean your waterblock is "curved" if it dosent sit nice and flat on the cpu then you could also lap the block as well.

It would seem that you gots quite a bit of air in your loop. Is your pump above your res? It helps if your pump is below your res in your case. I what order is your loop?

As for the pump if there is bubbles in it it will make alot of noise, If you trust your loop. Do what i used to do and shut her down run the loop with the system off and gently shake the case and work the bubbles out, at your own risk course. Or turning the loop on and off can work the bubbles out too, while the system is off..

Back