• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Run me by X38 pcie version again?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flixotide

I'm looking over some of the new X38 based designs, mainly from MSI and ASUS, that are due to hit the street here around Oct. 16th.

What I seem to miss in their descriptions is the whole pci express versioning.

As I understood it, with X38 we were supposed to see a new pci express version (2.0?), but its not mentioned specifically, so I'm really doubting whether its actually being implemented.

Or is it more like the transition between AGPx1 to AGPx8, while supporting bigger bandwidth, we're not talking anything else?

Cheers, Flix

PCI-E 2.0 lets you run CF in 16x16 I think that's it :(

It might supply more power(More than 75W)

PCI-E 2.0 lets you run CF in 16x16 I think that's it :(

It might supply more power(More than 75W)

That's it? I was hoping for something more widely useful than just for games.

Oh well. Thanks for the info though :)

Cheers, Flix

according to NV the new pci 2.0 spec is suppose to help low/mid range cards. they claimed in the aread of a 25% increase in preformance. For highend cards they said is more like 5% increase.

its higher bandwidth like agp2 to apg4/8x, at the same time PCIE 2.0 can also supply more power thru the slot then pcie. i think it was increased to 100 or 150watts thru the slot.

Back