• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is just a Very bad dream....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Epilon

You have never seen furious. Not compared to how I just acted for the last hour.
So heres the story
I ordered my computer back at the end of Aug. Newegg ships it 3 day, of course, to my house 3 hours away. I drive up on a friday, expecting the final part to be delivered the same day I drive home. It wasn't.
Ok no big deal. I can wait a week for my parents to drive it down. The week goes by and I get the parts, DOA motherboard.
This happens, no big deal. I send the parts back. They get my parts, and take the whole 5 days to process them before they are shipped back. I specify where I want them shipped, to my Dorm, not my billing adress. They say OK and ship them. Guess where they go to? My billing adress. I call them to see if they can correct it and they say they can try. Ok thats cool. They are doing what they can they all make mistakes. UPS loses my parts.
Overall it is two weeks before they get me my parts back.
I re-build, and another part was DOA.
Now Im getting ****ed. I call Newegg and they were good about it. They pay for shipping both ways this time for the RMA parts, and recieve the parts on sept 27.
It takes them until Oct. 5th before they are able to send them back. Yep.
So now I call, (between the 27 and the 5th) wondering where my parts are.
They lost them in their warehouse. So they say ok, sorry, we will give you free overnight for the inconvenience, because I have to wait yet another week before I can build. So I just tonight recieved the tracking #. And guess where its going.
TO MY F****** billing address!!!! and how is it being shipped
UPS 3 day, not even overnight.....
I hate Newegg.
Stay away.

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. NewEgg Support has an account here and I will direct them in your direction so you can get this problem solved ;)

Ouch.. well there is always those times..

Am I supposted to not have a computer?
Help me
Im having a mental breakdown
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. NewEgg Support has an account here and I will direct them in your direction so you can get this problem solved ;)

Account? Hua? That would be awesome, any help at this point is really appreciated. Especially since they don't have customer support on weekends, which leave me with the next two days flipping out because I can't wait any longer.
Its like that bad dream where no matter how hard you run, you never can reach your goal.

I have never had a problem with them... but some times shipping took 4 days not three.

You have never seen furious. Not compared to how I just acted for the last hour.
So heres the story
I ordered my computer back at the end of Aug. Newegg ships it 3 day, of course, to my house 3 hours away. I drive up on a friday, expecting the final part to be delivered the same day I drive home. It wasn't.
Ok no big deal. I can wait a week for my parents to drive it down. The week goes by and I get the parts, DOA motherboard.
This happens, no big deal. I send the parts back. They get my parts, and take the whole 5 days to process them before they are shipped back. I specify where I want them shipped, to my Dorm, not my billing adress. They say OK and ship them. Guess where they go to? My billing adress. I call them to see if they can correct it and they say they can try. Ok thats cool. They are doing what they can they all make mistakes. UPS loses my parts.
Now Im getting ****ed. I call Newegg and they were good about it. They pay for shipping both ways this time for the RMA parts, and recieve the parts on sept 27.
They lost them in their warehouse. So they say ok, sorry, we will give you free overnight for the inconvenience, because I have to wait yet another week before I can build. So I just tonight recieved the tracking #. And guess where its going.
I hate Newegg.
Stay away.

Is your shipping address listed as an authorized address on your credit card? If not, I doubt that NewEgg will ever ship to any address other than your billing address.

This is not excusing the horrible way in which they handeled your situation, however.

Is your shipping address listed as an authorized address on your credit card? If not, I doubt that NewEgg will ever ship to any address other than your billing address.

This is not excusing the horrible way in which they handeled your situation, however.
I had stuff shipped to my dorm multiple times, I see no reason they can't ;)

Well heres the thing. I had 2 bad revisions on the EVGA 680i, so I said hey, I want to "exchange" the items for a new board. They were cool with it and didn't hit me up with a restocking fee. So I replaced the Motherboard and videocard, but just got replacement parts for the Ram and Cpu. The Mobo and GPU went to the right address, my dorm, while the replacement parts went to my billing address.

Also, I just messaged the Newegg profile, hopefully there is something he can do.
I have used their phone service multiple times now, probably somewhere in the double digits already seeing as I have gone through hell with these parts. Its just a pain they aren't open past 5 on weekdays, and are closed on weekends.

Newegg DOES ship to alternate addresses, but they have given my father a little trouble in the past with that. However, i get parts sent to my work or to my father all the time.

1-Its a security issue. They are not the only ones who can exercise this policy. Zipzoomfly has done the sane.

2-Not all banks will "add authorized addresses." Bank of America will not for me and I've tried several times.

3-Its not uncommon for businesses to have no customer support on weekends.

4-i think its a little hasty to rush in here and go nuts. It does suck. And newegg isnt free from mistakes, but their golden reputation does not warrant telling people to "stay away" that easily because you're mad

Be persistant with getting the issue solved and document all conversations and issues.

I applaude you for calling because some nuts around here go whining because all they do is send emails and sit around waiting.

Good luck. It happens to everyone and its not the end of the world. :)

I don't know if it was too hasty. I mean. Its been like almost 2 months of this.
A lot of it i realize is not neweggs fault, but as far as treating me as a customer they have fallen short.
I was being distressed earlier when I said I hate newegg. I have apprecieated what they have tried to do thus far, although I just need a computer.
I cant keep borrowing other peoples, I'm in college and it just isn't an option anymore.

My shipping address is not authorized on my CC I think, and they ship there no problem.

Yea dude sorry to hear about your troubles :( Stuff like that really sucks. I would be pretty ticked if that happened to me, no one's blaming you for acting angry lol.
If I were in your situation, I would probably be ripping my hair out and yelling at any customer rep I speak with, I respect you for staying calm lol. I hope the new hardware works fine :)

So heres the story
I hate Newegg.
Stay away.

Dear Epilon,

Thanks for taking the time to post your informative review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to your situation. At your earliest convenience, please contact me personally at [email protected] or via telephone at 800-390-1119 ext.25040
for further assistance in this matter.

Thank you.

Dear Epilon,

Thanks for taking the time to post your informative review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to your situation. At your earliest convenience, please contact me personally at [email protected] or via telephone at 800-390-1119 ext.25040
for further assistance in this matter.

Thank you.

+1 for personal NewEgg support for forum members!

+1 for personal NewEgg support for forum members!

I agree that this is great, but understand that this isn't the level of customer service that NewEgg provides to the average customer. They're quick to jump on a situation and handle it in the customer's favor when publicly shamed, but otherwise they're happen to bounce you around the CS department for weeks on end.

I don't think that this situation merits and sort of accolades. The NewEgg CS department is woefully under-trained and understaffed, and it shouldn't take a public complaint to get them to take the proper action.

I have a story that I'll be sharing about NewEgg, as soon as I get a few minutes to write it up. I purposely waited until the situation ran its course naturally, and I think it gives a good indication of the mess that is NewEgg customer service these days.

Well I got up at 8 this morning, I didn't even know that time existed, and gave newegg a call. I got lucky and got a really helpful customer service rep. There wasn't a lot he could do about the shipping, It has already shipped but he gave me a credit for the cost of having to overnight it from my billing address to my residence. I also received a PM from the Rep on the forums as stated above, he seems really helpful and I have a better take on the customer service.
Newegg is good at trying to DEAL with customer service issues, but the fact still remains that they still CREATE service issues.
Anyway all in all my fury has subsided and I am once again excited about receiving my parts.
Although I would like to hear aaronjb's issue with Newegg, maybe I won't feel as cursed.:bang head

Newegg is good at trying to DEAL with customer service issues, but the fact still remains that they still CREATE service issues.

thats probably the best way anyone has put this.

I've had quite a few RMA's with Newegg and all of them have been quite speedy but i guess theres always that one that just gets puts off to the side by some lazy CS representative.

Back