• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I've taken the plunge. Check out my parts list

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hipcrostino

So ive ordered a bunch of parts including a case. They should arrive by next weekend. I'm cooling my Q6600 G0 and my 8800GTS.

Swifttech MCP655 12VDC Pump
Swifttech MCR320 3x120mm
Chrome plate 1/2in fittings
Apogee GTX CPU water block
Apogee GTX copper top
8m Clearflex tube
Swifttech MCW60
Silverstone TJ09 silver case
3 x Scythe S-Flex 1600RPM

Will be using 1/2" pipeing where possible an a T-line.

Should go good i hope!

Nice ... look like my set up ... except for the GPU i will choose an Ek waterblock
with a full coverage of the card just like this one ...

FC8800_nickel2GTS.jpg

for a t line just look at my set up ...

ordi008-1.jpg

ordi006-1.jpg

Last edited:
So ive ordered a bunch of parts including a case. They should arrive by next weekend. I'm cooling my Q6600 G0 and my 8800GTS.

Swifttech MCP655 12VDC Pump
Swifttech MCR320 3x120mm
Chrome plate 1/2in fittings
Apogee GTX CPU water block
Apogee GTX copper top
8m Clearflex tube
Swifttech MCW60
Silverstone TJ09 silver case
3 x Scythe S-Flex 1600RPM

Will be using 1/2" pipeing where possible an a T-line.

Should go good i hope!

hey man, almost exaltly like my set up, but i went with mm ufo and thermochill rad. I got the gtx copper top thursday, looks sexy.

I wouldn't bother with the GTX copper top... If you are that worried about the "mixed" metals, get the Apogee GT or the D-Tek Fuzion. The extra $40 for the top is absolutely ludacris.

I would also get the EK Full cover block for the 8800.

As well, the TJ09 is a nice case, but not ~$300 worth!!

The new Cooler Master is supposed to be a great case and a lot cheaper.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137

The CM690 would be a great case to use for WCing... Mainly because the PSU is at the bottom so you can butcher out the top for a rad no problem.

yeah i ordered the parts already. I spent money like it was no object during the process...
I'll keep what i'm getting, but your advice is good and should be heeded by anyone reading this thread and thinking about parts.

I like the case im getting because it has a gap above the mobo tray fit for a rad, the psu is at the bottom and the motherboard is upright. Most cases like that have an inverted mobo, and with the heatpiped mobos this isn't so good. It will have tons of airflow too which will be good.

@STDU, that is very similar to the setup i was thinking off. Although i have a 3x120mm rad which i will mount in the top with some carefull cutting. (we shall see when the case gets here anyway)

The build will be this comming weekend if everything arrives by then (which it should). I will update here with pics! Its my first water build. I'm not into "riceing" my cases. The fact that the TJ09 has a window is actually a minus as far as i'm concerned. Therefore it wont be asthetics, just performance that i am after.

Thanks all, i'll keep you updated.

p.s i went with the copper top because i figured that the price was ok if one considered that the anodised top would infact "break" and destory the block through electrolysis at some point in the furture. In which case it was cheaper than a new block. Of course this scenario is 90% unlikeally and water blocks will improve by that stage too. Either way, i justified it when i handed over the money. I won't return it though, i may as well use it. (plus it looks bling.... (damn it, thats case riceing!*slaps own wrist*))

So I got my parts! (pictures taken with my phone, hence quality)

dsc00130sl2.jpg

The case came in a huge box. It seems very well built and its BIG in comparison to what i have now. All i need now is a T piece and some clamps. both of which i will buy tomorrow.

dsc00131xp2.jpg

GTX with copper top

dsc00132gu3.jpg

I will need to be carefull when modding the case to fit the rad, but it will fit very well.

If you're using 1/2" tubing go with a 1/2x1/2x3/4" copper T. The 3/4" T helps a lot with bleeding and the over-large tubing holds more water - about 1/2 a MicroRes per foot of tubing. The 1/2x1/2x3/4" T also has virtually no restriction like a barbed T does ...

Last edited:
Subscribed. I will be building a rig very similar to this in the next 2-4 weeks. The only difference is I've opted for the Fuzion cpu block instead of the GTX.

The TJ-09 is available without a window. You have already purchased your parts, but in case anyone else is going for a similar setup, and also wants the TJ09 without a window, just order the TJ-09S instead of the TJ-09SW (The W is for Window ! Hehe). Also, if you want the black version of the case, get the TJ-09B or TJ-09BW.

Personally I am curious, and intrigued how you are going to fit a 3x120 rad to that case. Good luck ! Can't wait for the pics !

Damn, i wish i had known that! arr well.

UPDATE:

So ive been looking at this case and how i'm going to fit the rad in the top. And i think I've finally found a solution that will work well (provided the modification process goes well)

So one thing i love is that this case its easily pulled apart.

dsc00133st3.jpg

So i pulled the grill from the bottom of the case below the power supply:

dsc00136nh9.jpg

The idea is this. I will use the the grill section in front of this existing top grill to cover up the radiator, which will be mounted underneath. It will of course require cutting the top of the case.

dsc00135of1.jpg

If all gose to plan it should look good.

UPDATE: ok well I got it all installed. There was the one issue with not having the compatability set for the 8800gts so the gpu is currently air cooled. I put the MCW60 in the loop anyway thinking it would mean i don't need to empty it and re-bleed it, only to releising moments after putting water in the system that i need to pull the block apart to apply the adapter plate! haha, thats ok though because I need to adjust some pipe lengths anyway.

No pics atm I'm afraid, i'll take some next weekend when I get the gpu block applied also. And perhaps if I have the patience ill make the top of the case look better.

So i fired her up and am just load testing now. holly crap! this computer is soooo quiet!! Full load with my BT and delta fan at 3.2ghz was ~50c with 19c ambient. Well, i just saw 41c tick over once on one core. Other than that its 40c or under!! 10c differance and probably 40dB too!

Wow what a difference. Its silent, and cool. saa woit mate!

Back