• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

An Easy Way to Measure Water Temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

satandole666

I think my radiator might be the proper suspect in causing my increased temps. Whats the easiest way to check water temps? I was thinking about putting a small aquarium thermometer in the t-line (where this is little to no flow) but I don't want to risk it coming loose.

Any ideas?

You can try your idea. Sould be fine so long as you properly seal the end.

Another option if you dont want to go cutting lines, use a flat probe with some TIM sandwiched between the tube and a fitting (nozzle). It wont be accurate, but it will be close. The tubing will act somewhat as an insulator, and as long as you have TIM between the probe and fitting, sould give you the best temp readings you can get without any other modifications to your loop except pulling off and reinstalling a tube. Oh, obviously, it sould be a metal fitting, not plastic, for this to work properly.

That's not a bad idea actually. I need to replace the hose going from my pump to my FuZion anyway (as there is a currently unused GFX block in between).

Thanks for the suggestion. I wish my current case had the built in temp sensors (who uses the HDD temp sensors anyway?) like my old one did.

I scratched off a portion of paint from my rad then put one of those flat temp probes on the bare copper. I put some TIM and taped it down with foam tape.

I stuck my other probe in my T line. Never saw a difference more than .3c.

--pak

If thats the case, maybe you can get a T-Fitting and just use the T to seal a temp probe within it. Again, no need to cut lines as you never know what you might do in the future with it.

There are some ready made probes just like this too. Of course, they're around $20+.

Back