• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you overclock ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you dont overclock ram per se, when you jack up your fsb to jack up your processor you also as a matter of consequence jack up you ram speed thereby overclocking it, also you can make the ram timings faster increasing performance this is referered to often as cas latency (cas2/cas3)

Actually you can overclock RAM on certian motherboards. Case in point is most Iwill boards have a selection in the bios for ram speed.

Billy

well on many sdram boards that support 133mhz ram, have an option to set the memory equal to or 33mhz over or under the fsb. Unless your going for 170mhz fsb it's not all that usefull for o/c.

I know that on my Asus A7V there is a selection that shows ram clock speed, however it isn't adjustable for me. I would imagine that they placed it in there though because a later bios release would possibly include the option to overclock just the ram... whether it's useful or not, who knows, but agreed, it would be nice.

My mobo has the option to switch cpu/memory ratio, from auto,1:1 or 3:4. I'm currently using the 3:4, turbo 2, latency 2-2-2-5, with the FSB at 110.

Back