• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New BIOS version?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Metallica

Well, i got my comp back up and running, and i wanna try to OC this ***** :D

I was looking around in the BIOS, and there's not option to change the FSB or anything .. so i assume i need to get a new version then this one ...

Is it possible to get a new version? It's a Gateway computer, so im not sure if theres a way to flash the BIOS to something thats not so restricting ..

Heres the info about the board, that i got from CPUZ:

moboinfofd9.jpg

Would be sweet if i could get a little more out of this computer, and get a little more information on how to OC before i get my new rig :D

Oh, and one last thing, my CPU is suposed to be 3.2 GHz and in CPUZ its running at 2.8GHZ and every once in a while going up to 3.2, then back down .. is that normal?

cpuinfohu2.jpg

Firstly i dont think you will get a new bios that will enable you to overclock it secound it is normal your cpu speed going up and down its called EIST and speedstep basicaly when your cpu is idle the speed is reduced to save energy when you apply a load it speeds back up.

Firstly i dont think you will get a new bios that will enable you to overclock it secound it is normal your cpu speed going up and down its called EIST and speedstep basicaly when your cpu is idle the speed is reduced to save energy when you apply a load it speeds back up.

Oh, i see, i didn't know that ..

So theres not way to OC this? That sucks :(

I am not 100% on that but it looks like an intel board for an oem manufacturer and Gateway are not interested in overclocking.

i cant see the SS's at work and i get off in 15mins. i could take a look and find out, who ever it is prolly has a bios up that is if the VRM supports say a C2D. there howevere wont be any ocing in the bios. you could pad mod the cpu depending on what the CPU's fsb is.

i cant see the SS's at work and i get off in 15mins. i could take a look and find out, who ever it is prolly has a bios up that is if the VRM supports say a C2D. there howevere wont be any ocing in the bios. you could pad mod the cpu depending on what the CPU's fsb is.

Is that something drastic? If it's gonna be really hard, i could just wait for my new system.

But it would be really nice to play around with this system, before touching my new one. Would give me some self confidence. :D

Is that something drastic? If it's gonna be really hard, i could just wait for my new system.

But it would be really nice to play around with this system, before touching my new one. Would give me some self confidence. :D

remove cpu, apply silver pen or window defrogger kit...
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=498167
put back in instead oc with no bios options needed. if fools the mobo to think its a faster cpu then it is.

Back