• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

125fsb x 1.33=166MHz dram speed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

radadman

Am I dreaming or is this possiable on a vp6 mobo?
fsb=125
1/4 divider
hstclk+pciclk (actually 1.33 multiplier)
should all add up to 166MHz dram speed

But it seems that when using the 1/4 divider bios don't add the hostclk+pciclk, the dram speed remains at the same as the fsb. It works fine with the 1/3 divider, just not the 1/4 divider.
Ok fine it don't work, so I tried wpcredit offset 69 value 78 (which i'm guessing at), which locks the system everytime?
Has anyone been able to use the 1/4 divider & the hostclk+pciclk fuction (or whatever your mobo calls it) to achive 166MHz. Is 166 even possiable with kingmax pc150? I've posted this on many forums and never got a good answer!

It only works one way, if your memory bus speed is to high it will lower it thats it sorry. I'm supprised you got it to work at one third. All memory is different on what it will take at cas3 it may take 166. I have a stick of corsair 133 that will take 160cas3 and 155cas 2 but i'm at 171FSB so its been minus clock speed for me for a long time hopefully not minus for you.

wpcredit technique

Maybe I didn't ask the right question. I know 166 dram is possiable with good memory. Its more the wpcredit technique i'm questioning. I also know that offset 69 contains the value of the dram speed. What are the possiable values for it. I searched everywhere on the net and found only one reference to this offset 69 thing >>> http://www.lostcircuits.com/advice/bios2/9.shtml

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<quoted from lost circuits:
VIA chipset family

The VIA Apollo 133 chipset allows to run the memory at harmonic frequencies of the CPU bus (FSB), that is, the PCI frequency can be added or subtracted from the CPU bus. Bit 6 and 7 at offset 69 in the VIA chipset register specify the memory bus frequency. In theory, there are three settings, namely:

memory at host clock (FSB),
memory at host clock – 33 MHz.
memory at host clock + 33 MHz
The value 33MHz only applies for stock settings, though, what it really means is the PCI bus frequency which can be ½, 1/3 or ¼ of the front side bus, depending on the PCI divider that is specified by the frequency ID (FID) of the CPU, depending on whether it is supposed to run at 66 MHz (Celeron, PII), 100 MHz (PIII, Coppermine) or 133 MHz (PIII –B, Coppermine –B).
In real life, the situation is more restricted than that, in that running at the 133 MHz FSB precludes activation of the +PCI setting, just as running at 66 MHz FSB precludes the – PCI setting. In other words, here are the valid options:

Chipset FSB Host Clck -PCI Host Clck Host Clck +PCI
VIA 694X 66 n/a 66 100
VIA 694X 100 66 100 133
VIA 694X 133 100 133 n/a
VIA KT133 100 n/a 100 133
Intel i815 66 n/a n/a 100
Intel i815 100 n/a 100 n/a
Intel i815 133 100 133 n/a
Intel i815 (6B) 133 100 n/a n/a

Available memory bus frequency settings for the VIA694X and KT133 as well as for the Intel i815 chipset (all numbers in MHz). When all 6 memory banks (6B) are occupied on the i815 chipset, the 133 MHz memory bus is not available, even at 133 MHz FSB.

Please keep in mind that the memory bus follows the CPU bus under overclocking conditions with a proportional increase / decrease in frequency. This means that a 110 FSB + 33 (in reality PCI freq.) will result in 146 MHz and not 143 MHz. Likewise, at 120 MHz FSB, the memory bus will hit 160 MHz.
end quote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I can only clock my pci bus to 39MHz or so, so I really need the 1/4 divider. Which starts at 124MHz fsb on the vp6 mobo. By changing the hstclk & pciclk values in bios to all three possiable values & booting then checking wpcredit offset 69 values I came up with these 3 numbers 28, 38 & 78. No matter which fsb or divider I use to boot wpcredit will crash when entering any of those 3 values.

Last edited:
Back