• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bit of a noob question..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neco

Sorry guys, been years since I hung around here and trying to get my license back from DMV so I'm out the door currently..

No luck with search.. was wondering if there are tangible benefits in going with 1/2" tubing vs 3/8" tubing? Besides I guess the kinking factor? is it going to affect temps more than 1 degree or anything?

I have always prefered 3/8" tubing and am looking at building a whole new system for my new Intel C2D setup.. nothing super performance bling bling expensive, but for some marginal O/C with low noise.

Definitely an interesting read, however I was primarily concerned with temperature effects, etc vs kinking issues. Sorry if I did not make that properly clear.

I appreciate the link tho. Will continue more forum search for now :)

I thought carther says that larger tubes are a bit better temperature wise as long as you have a decent pump to go with it.

Back