• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg again....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dapper Dan

ok so a while back i posted this but it didn't get a lot of attention... so here it is again.... maybe the newegg rep here can acually help this time

around christmas last year i ordered a computer for my familiy on my moms credit card... (this was durring the storm in seattle with like 100mph winds) .. i placed the order, checked back a few days later to see what was up because i usually get what i order in 2-3 days ( i live in San Diego), only to find out that i had no order history of it, that was ok, so i decided to "re-order" my entire order. 3 days pass and i get my order ( 1 HP with a E6300 2 gigs of ram and a 19" monitor) it's all good... 6 months pass and i go back to newegg and see something that is a good deal (not entirely uncommon) so i order it ... check back a few days later still on step 1... odd... i cancel it and try again..... same story so i call newegg and talk to a rep they say that my address has a hold on it because of an unpaid item ... no big deal , yet.... i ask wat for and they tell me that i had been shipped 2 HP's and 2 19" monitors (deffinetly not) and that i had only paid for 1 set ( i find this odd seeing how you have to pay all at once for them to ship your order) i explain everything and they tell me i need proof that i only ordered 1 set.. i tell them to check my account history and they tell me that is not enough.... so now me and my family are Banned from Newegg.... any help at all from the newegg rep would be appreciated....

and i'm not saying newegg is bad or anything i mean with a company that big something is bound to go wrong it just sucks that they choose to handle it like this...

Well, not to step on your toes, but you should have contacted Newegg, and got the scoop on what was going on, before making the second purchase.

Hopefully someone can help you, and get this resolved.

hopefully.... but the thing is i didn't think i needed to contact them .... seeing how there was no charge to my card nor was there any history of the order... i thought meh maybe i just forgot to hit the ending confirmation button and just closed the window

btw never recieved any "reciept" for this either

hopefully.... but the thing is i didn't think i needed to contact them .... seeing how there was no charge to my card nor was there any history of the order... i thought meh maybe i just forgot to hit the ending confirmation button and just closed the window

btw never recieved any "reciept" for this either

I know were your coming from, but for future reference, its always nice to check.

Would of saved you .. well a lot. lol

so they are saying that they physically shipped you 2 orders and that you only paid for one?if thats the case then i would say your account history should reflect that?why would they say thats not relevant?
as far as i know they dont ship prior to payment being made...so how could you possibly recieve two systems without paying for them both?i dont get it.

So many things about this just don't add up from Newegg's viewpoint I just don't se how they can keep your accounts suspended. An auto-suspend at first, maybe, but after a tiny bit of looking in to it it ought to be obvious there was an error. I still like Newegg but I am starting to look elsewhere more often :( Sad because their 1-day ground shipping from NJ warehouse rocked my socks :)

I only go to newegg to check on generic pricing for products. After them bumbling the last 3 orders I had (and straight out lying on the last one), I said hell with it and decided to be done with them.

I hope you told them how rediculous that sounds, of them saying you're at fault because they show (without proof) their "records" have you receiving two orders and paid for one. That's like dealing with Vince "The Tooth" Cambiani down at the pool hall or something. You think they'll stop by your place with some thugs and break your shins?

my account has been banned as well as my address for a LONG time now ... probably like at least a year... sorry about 2nd post... but no post count so w.e.

Call Newegg and tell them to furnish a tracking number for the first order. Then check that tracking number in UPS or Fedex. Actually tell them to provide tracking for both orders, so they don't try to give you the same tracking number twice. My Best Suggestion

Um isnt this obviously neweggs fault? I mean seriously if they shipped 2 orders they qwould have billed for it and recieved the money....if they did not bill for it right away... why didnt they bill it later if they knew this?

This seems like a glitch to me... why isnt it obvious to them....

because the order total was about 1,500 bucks and they don't want to "lose" thier money when in acuallity there is no way in hell i am paying 1500 just to be able to shop at the egg again... WHEN IT"S THIER FAULT

If you're sitting here waiting for a reply, you could take some initiative and PM "newegg support" the details or call them.

While their support is great, they don't necessarily check every forum without a notice that they need to do so.

I would like to add that of my required RMA processes I've had with Newegg, all of them have gone swimmingly within the last week or so. UPS delivered a day late (on overnight shipping) so I went to buy a processor locally because I needed it right away. Newegg gave me my full shipping payment back, gave me a UPS return shipping label for the processor, and gave me a full refund. If that's not above and beyond, I don't know what is.

From the same order I had an 8800ultra that was a bit buggy and was overheating madly. I RMA'd it, they provided a UPS shipping label (because I asked), I received a full refund back for the product because they were out of stock.

Once again, Newegg rocks IF YOU TALK TO THEM DIRECTLY. They may do a great service, but they are not mind readers. Speak to a supervisor if need be but if you never received both products and you weren't charged and/or there aren't two invoices, then there shouldn't be a problem at all if you just talk to them instead of waiting for them to send you a Christmas card apology.

I have a hard time believing they shipped you anything without paying for it.

Duplicate orders or not.

I mean a $40 dollar stick of ram is one thing, but an entire rig? eh.

If you're sitting here waiting for a reply, you could take some initiative and PM "newegg support" the details or call them.

While their support is great, they don't necessarily check every forum without a notice that they need to do so.

I would like to add that of my required RMA processes I've had with Newegg, all of them have gone swimmingly within the last week or so. UPS delivered a day late (on overnight shipping) so I went to buy a processor locally because I needed it right away. Newegg gave me my full shipping payment back, gave me a UPS return shipping label for the processor, and gave me a full refund. If that's not above and beyond, I don't know what is.

From the same order I had an 8800ultra that was a bit buggy and was overheating madly. I RMA'd it, they provided a UPS shipping label (because I asked), I received a full refund back for the product because they were out of stock.

Once again, Newegg rocks IF YOU TALK TO THEM DIRECTLY. They may do a great service, but they are not mind readers. Speak to a supervisor if need be but if you never received both products and you weren't charged and/or there aren't two invoices, then there shouldn't be a problem at all if you just talk to them instead of waiting for them to send you a Christmas card apology.

Some people like to sit around waiting for PMs and emails. If the issue was that serious to him, he would have called them 10 times before making a post on a forum.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves with vendor complaints.

Some people like to sit around waiting for PMs and emails. If the issue was that serious to him, he would have called them 10 times before making a post on a forum.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves with vendor complaints.

Some people have real complaints, you know. To dismiss all complaints off-hand is irrational.

ok so a while back i posted this but it didn't get a lot of attention... so here it is again.... maybe the newegg rep here can acually help this time

around christmas last year i ordered a computer for my familiy on my moms credit card... (this was durring the storm in seattle with like 100mph winds) .. i placed the order, checked back a few days later to see what was up because i usually get what i order in 2-3 days ( i live in San Diego), only to find out that i had no order history of it, that was ok, so i decided to "re-order" my entire order. 3 days pass and i get my order ( 1 HP with a E6300 2 gigs of ram and a 19" monitor) it's all good... 6 months pass and i go back to newegg and see something that is a good deal (not entirely uncommon) so i order it ... check back a few days later still on step 1... odd... i cancel it and try again..... same story so i call newegg and talk to a rep they say that my address has a hold on it because of an unpaid item ... no big deal , yet.... i ask wat for and they tell me that i had been shipped 2 HP's and 2 19" monitors (deffinetly not) and that i had only paid for 1 set ( i find this odd seeing how you have to pay all at once for them to ship your order) i explain everything and they tell me i need proof that i only ordered 1 set.. i tell them to check my account history and they tell me that is not enough.... so now me and my family are Banned from Newegg.... any help at all from the newegg rep would be appreciated....

and i'm not saying newegg is bad or anything i mean with a company that big something is bound to go wrong it just sucks that they choose to handle it like this...

Dear Dapper Dan,

Thanks for taking the time to post your informative review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to your situation and also the delay in this response. At your earliest convenience, please contact Alex at 800-390-1119 ( dial 25040 immediately ) or by email at [email protected] for further assistance in this unfortunate matter.

Thank you.

Back