• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyway to get money back from paypal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

puremanb

I had sold an account of mine from WoW the guy seemed legit enough. The transaction went through great then a few days later I get an email saying the paypal account that paid me wasn't authorized to give me the money. The money was reversed back to him and I lost my account (its now banned because of him).

Is there anything I can do? Ive already called them and they basically said I'm out of luck and try not to let it happen again.

Your out of luck, your not supposed to sell your WoW account anyways, at least you didnt lose any money you had before.. Just a WoW account.

I had sold an account of mine from WoW the guy seemed legit enough. The transaction went through great then a few days later I get an email saying the paypal account that paid me wasn't authorized to give me the money. The money was reversed back to him and I lost my account (its now banned because of him).

Is there anything I can do? Ive already called them and they basically said I'm out of luck and try not to let it happen again.

Thats what happens when you try to trade accounts. You can easily reverse payments from, after a payment is made with paypal. Common scam.

As for getting you account back, you violated there TOS i believe .. I doubt you will be able to get it back. You can try though.

Try one of those "I just logged in, and my account was banned" schemes, seems to work for a lot of people that i know who were in the same boat.

Ive sold a lot of accounts, I realize my account is gone. Paypal doesnt cover intangible items so when they see its an account they dismiss the person whos trying to get their money back.

What was different about this was they said the account was authorized to send money. I'm wondering why one would be able to send money if your not authorized. Or if the guy that "bought" my account used someone elses paypal.

Also why do they even have the option of reversing money without any proof that they really didn't get what they bought.

Ive sold a lot of accounts, I realize my account is gone. Paypal doesnt cover intangible items so when they see its an account they dismiss the person whos trying to get their money back.

What was different about this was they said the account was authorized to send money. I'm wondering why one would be able to send money if your not authorized. Or if the guy that "bought" my account used someone elses paypal.

Also why do they even have the option of reversing money without any proof that they really didn't get what they bought.

He could have used a stolen paypal, or said he did not make those payments (lying) and thats why you got that message.

I'm not sure why .. I've stayed away from paypal for that exact reason. So i don't know much about them.

It would seem if they made it so people who bought something couldn't reverse payments so easily a lot less people would get screwed outta cash.

It would seem if they made it so people who bought something couldn't reverse payments so easily a lot less people would get screwed outta cash.

True, but it can go the other way too.

Someone could not send them the product, and it would be hard for you to get your money back.

Back