• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to kill micro bubbles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

El<(')>Maxi

Blank Senior Member
I just got a new loop together and for whatever reason (first closed loop) I can't get rid of these. Flow restrictor? Water wetter? Stare at the rig for a day or so?

looped_2.jpg

Thump the tubes, make sure the level in your res is higher then both the out and in nozzles, have a few beverages, sit back, relax, and wait. They go away.

The only thing what wont work itself out is if there are bubbles in the res that are getting sucked into the line. If that is the case just add a little more water. If not just sit back and relax like icantfindone suggested.

Find "something" that vibrates and touch it firmly at the res, tubes or even block, that will clean those micro bubbles effectively.

Now before you think of "something" vulgar ;), I've seen my pal using a PC's game controller stick that it's shape similiar to PS2 dual shock controller, and using it's calibrating/diagnostic software to enable that controller's vibrator at max level constantly.

Of course you can always can use "alternative" as long it vibrates. :D LOL

Last edited:
if it hasn't run for >24 hours, let it. ive had LOTS of bubbles work their way "out" after that amount of time.

PS screw the mounting springs, crank that sucka' down till the mobo bends ;)

Time is the biggest factor.... I occationally flick them and they'll go away.

PS: Make sure those HS's are getting enough flow... They are designed to have the CPU's HSF passing air over them...

They're all gone, just had to wait them out. Too bad I have to take the loop down again and start over because of a cracked o-ring :p

Really? Now or in 6 months? I can tie wrap them if you think I need to.

Joe Camel said:
PS screw the mounting springs, crank that sucka' down till the mobo bends ;)

Hehe, I know Joe - first set of springs I've used in a long time :D

Haha, too many parts lying around, I had to do something with them. Anyway I'm sick of listening to fans in the room where the posting rig is.

Whats that small piece of breadboard bolted to the top right corner of the mobo hold down?

Back