• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

White Water :S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperMiguel

Super User
i was using my water cooling system for about 3 month, i stoped for like 3 weeks and now that i got a new mobo and processor and i put this water system, the water with the zalman colant should be blue :S and it stared ok,and then it stared to get white... like a fog weird, and now is all foggy and white,,, is this normal?? my temps are reallly good... but i dont know about this fogy thin

It's bacteria or algae. You need to flush the system and refill it with new coolant as well as some biocide (iodine works well) as well as some anti-algae additives from the pet store for aquariums and ponds.

Seriously, it's normal for tubing to fog over like that. Every coolant I have tried has resulted in foggy tubing.

Yes but this happened after three weeks (if I understands the OP correctly) when the system hadn't experienced this in it's previous run of 3 months. It would have taken a bit longer in my experience to just be the tubing starting to cloud.

is it bad if i leave it how it is?? or i should flush it?

If it's indeed bacteria it can clog parts and hinder performance by coating the pins/cups/fins of your waterblock.

Ah ok, yeah thats just foam from the antifreeze in your coolant. You should top off the fluid with some distilled water and try moving the system around to get the bubbles to move to your res/tline. They won't hurt the system but they don't help performance. Also bubbles will make your system sound louder as the bubbles flow through the pump.

Yep, the bubbles induce cavitation in the pump, making it louder. You might try putting a little alcohol in the loop too. It might help lower surface tension a bit and help you get rid of the foam. I wouldn't add more than an ounce at most.

Back