• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quad core WC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dawgdoc

I think I will be making the step up at some point in the very very near future to WC for at least 1 of my quad core rigs.

What suggestions regarding CPU block, GPU block for an 8800 GTX, northbridge block (if you think its necc) for a P5k Premium can you make?

Im looking for the absolute best, top of the line for each item.

Thanks!!

Im looking for the absolute best, top of the line for each item.

If that were the case, and money was no issue, and you don't mind insulating and doing some work -

The best water based cooling money can buy for a CPU only loop:

Arctic Web

437 Watt Peltier

600W Single Output Switching Power Supply

Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Hi-Flo Reservoir TIMES TWO

Laing D5 Vario/Swiftech MCP655 Inline 12V DC Pump TIMES TWO

Thermochill PA120.3 Radiator TIMES TWO

You would set up two loops, each with pump, rad and res.

Then connect them to the arctic web...

Hope you are not a greenpeace kinda guy - this pelt uses so much electricity it eats nature for breakfast

TY for the info! Much appreciated!

Is that artic web actually worth that price?

What would you recommend if I wanted to take a step down from that?

Dont go the pelt route until you either have set one up on a test system or have done A LOT of research on it. Many things can go wrong and you can damage your chip and board if your not careful

Not worth the price to me.

As suggested go with the Dtek fusion.

TY for the info! Much appreciated!

Is that artic web actually worth that price?

What would you recommend if I wanted to take a step down from that?

No, it is probably not worth it. I would buy it, but the performance gain is small for the price.

A step down would be the swiftech 226W pelt and waterblock. The problem is that 226W is not really enough for a huge overclock.

Just stick with plain water cooling, using the components the other members and I listed here

Back