• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some case help with my wc setup...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nlraley

Registered
Just finished building my computer and my wc parts just came in.

I had an Antec 900 Gaming Case; however, after putting the basic parts in (not including the wc system) it seems as though there is no way I can fit this system in this case.

I will eventually be installing both my Swiftech MCR-320 "Quiet MCR320-BLK
Power" Series Radiators,the reservoir (drive bay), pump, etc. I'll be running a basic loop consisting of:
Reservoir
Pump
CPU Block
Rad 1
GPU Block
Rad 2
Back to Reservoir

I'm just holding off on installing the GPU block for my 8800GTX Ultra b/c I have a EVGA card and don't want to mess up my warranty so I can step up if/when they release their next card.

Now, I need help finding a case that I can fit both these radiators, equipped with 3x 120mm fans each, in. Any suggestions? I'd prefer something black and sharp looking as well as something I won't have to drastically mod to fit it all in...

Thanks

Hmmm, so what are people doing who cool their CPU and GPU? I thought the best means would be to pass through a rad after the cpu to cool it off before passing it through the gpu and then going through the rad one last time before starting the loop over again...

Hmmm, so what are people doing who cool their CPU and GPU? I thought the best means would be to pass through a rad after the cpu to cool it off before passing it through the gpu and then going through the rad one last time before starting the loop over again...

I don't think it's necessary .. but i don't know much about water cooling ...

What GPU are you using? Because the 8800's seem to OC just fine on stock cooling. If i got a WC setup, it would be just for the CPU ...

The water is moving quickly through the tubes. What this means is it goes through the CPU waterblock and raises water temps, but only by 1-2c. So having a radiator between them would lower the temps close to ambient, but then you run into the problem of not having enough space for the rads.

The total difference on video card temps would be around 0-3c, if that. I ran my [email protected] and a heavily overclocked 8800gts. Temps for the CPU would hit 47c while folding (all the time) and video card would hit 50c MAX during intensive gaming (6+ hours).

All of that was run off of a single 120.3 radiator at the bottom of the case.

The ONLY reason that I see to run another radiator is to have quieter fans. But even then, I couldn't hear my Ultra High Speed Panaflo fans at 7v ;)

So then do I even need a new case? Is there a way to get the rad with the fans in my antec 900?

Using an eVGA 8800 GTX Ultra GPU...

Last edited:
Back