• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Danger Den Maze4 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kylebussen

I just bought a Danger Den Maze4 low pro the other day. I went to Danger Den website and read the compatibility sheet and it doesnt have my card listed. Does anyone have this GPU water block and know if I will be able to use it on my 7950GT? Maybe modded some how or should I be alright. Thanks.

Also, Will a Swiftech MCP650 pump do well with a GPU, CPU, Chipset and Ram water blocks?

Last edited:
if it uses the 4 bolt hold down, yes it will work. i asked the same question with my 1950 pro

afaik it fits the 7 series (including 7800/7900) i'd email DangerDen to make sure

Also, Will a Swiftech MCP650 pump do well with a GPU, CPU, Chipset and Ram water blocks?
It will do fine.

However, may I ask why are you including RAM in your loop? A silent 120mm fan over the DIMMs is a much better solution as it wont restrict your loop further.

I guess I put the ram blocks on there as an example to see what others thought about the the efficiency of the pump with multiple items. Ill really probably only have the GPU, CPU and chipset. Thanks for the insight.

I guess I put the ram blocks on there as an example to see what others thought about the the efficiency of the pump with multiple items. Ill really probably only have the GPU, CPU and chipset. Thanks for the insight.
The 665 would handle that easy on a 2-5 setting ;)

Maybe even 1....not sure.

I do agree with Clockwork, remove that RAM block and use a fan, not worth dropping flow for that.

He said he was using an MCP650, equivalent to a Laing D4 - meaning no speed control, basically a D5/MCP655 set at the 4 setting.

Comparatively, I run my D5 at 2-3 most of the time, or just 1 if it's going to be idling for a while. A setting of 4 should be more than capable of CPU/GPU/NB and more :)

I still say NB blocks are a waste... A decent air cooler (HR-05) will handle the temps just fine.

Yeah, I was thinking of doing the nb block because I was thinking it was a reason for my inability to oc more then what I have. Ill look into some air cooling items for the nb and see what I can find.

I still say NB blocks are a waste... A decent air cooler (HR-05) will handle the temps just fine.
I used to agree, but it's nice to have it included in the loop and not have to worry about NB temps.

I just installed my HR-05 and expected it to do quite well passive, however it performs the same as my stock cooler with a 40mm 7cfm fan on it. Although the reduction in noise is nice :)

Back