• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

exceed

Alright so i received my Antec 900 case busted to hell. Since it was busted before i used it i have so submit a claim. The lady on the phone did not give me any real good information so i have some questions. Will they pay for shipping back? She said 2 weeks, thats along time to go without anything i can still savage the case only the top is busted off of it and the power button is recessed from the case being busted. She said something about letting me keep the broken case? Any information you all have would be appreciated.

Most of the time you have to pay to send it back. If they will send another case, and you get to keep this one, I would do that. Other than that, if you can afford to, return this one for a refund and order another. Then ask them if they will overnight the new order.

I just had this with a HD yesterday. It arrived DOA, so I applied to return for refund and asked if I ordered another, if I could get it overnighted. I just got the replacement about a half hour ago.

Yeah, This will end good if its handled correctly, you just need to talk to the right people and remain calm.

Chat InformationPlease wait while we connect you to a Newegg representative.
Chat InformationThank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Timon. How may I assist you today?
Robert Huff: Hey timon i recently submitted a claim by phone i recived my antec 900 case damaged and i have some questions.
Timon: Proceed.
Robert Huff: The rep told me that it would take 3-5 for my claim then 3-5 shipping and she wouldn't say if i had to pay to ship it or what. I do not want to wait 2 weeks.
Robert Huff: Is there anything we can do here?
Timon: All you would need to do is wait the processing time, UPS will call you as we are investigating the matter and they will set up a pick up date as well.
Timon: No charge on your part.
Robert Huff: Alright, so the rest of my parts are going to be here tommorow and i need a case am i going to be without my case?
Timon: Until you get the replacement yes.
Robert Huff: Thats not good, i spent over 1k dollars and now i am without?
Timon: If you wish to get a claim for refund and reorder the item I can waive shipping.
Timon: This would be a faster outcome, you still do not get refunded until it has processed but at least you have your case.
Robert Huff: I cannot afford to spend anymore money especially when i am not at fault.
Robert Huff: I guess my only option is to wait it out.
Timon: I do apologize for the inconvenience.
Robert Huff: will the case be shipped when my return case is picked up?
Robert Huff: I'm not trying to take it out on you, but i expected more.
Timon: It should be in transit if not already delivered.
Timon: When UPS calls you that is.
Robert Huff: Well thanks for you're time Timon.
Robert Huff: No further questions.

Don't really know what i was wanting besides my stuff not to be broke. I guess that i really just need to wait it out like the 2 reps have said. Just sucks i spent all my money and i cannot even use my new computer till i get my new case. Depressing a little. :bang head

its worth it to spend the extra for fed ex in my experience.ive never had a busted up package with them.with ups tho...nearly all look like theyve been kicked around.
good luck and hope you get your rig up and running soon.

its worth it to spend the extra for fed ex in my experience.ive never had a busted up package with them.with ups tho...nearly all look like theyve been kicked around.
good luck and hope you get your rig up and running soon.

Good advice. Especially when it involves a case...which are usually shipped in their original box.

Holy cow, Newegg never seems to stop amazing me. Got me a new case coming fedex next day. WOW. Customer service is a 10 no doubt. I am so happy right now. :beer:

Back