• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D-tek Fuzion WOW, small issue though

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phrenetical

I must say wow about this block, got my new rig up last night, booting to windows with no OC the system is idling at room temp, which went from about 25 down to 15c late that night. The cores went down with it.

My prescott used to idle at like 35 regardless of room temp.

ANyway the system is

cpu - q6600
MB - asus p5k premium
RAM -2*1gb 8500 Corsair Dominators
VGA - saphire 2900xt
HDD -10k 74gb raptor
PSU - 850W modular Silverstone

cooling

D-tek fuzion 1/2"
GTX 240
MCP655
Lots of fans.

My one issue with this block is the closeness of the barbs! It took me about 20 minutes to get the hose clamps on over the tubing and the barbs. They are so close together that once you have one clamp on you cant fit the other one where it needs to go.

I had to pull the clamp off, bend part of it out and push it through between the clamp and no clamped hose with a pair of plyers then bend it back around.

Anyone else get that with this block?

Mines 1/2" of course.

It worries me cause if there is pressure pushing the barbs out from each other <-||-> caused by the clamps in the middle, can that cause a leak over time? I don't think its bending the barbs or anything they just push on each other more then i'd like and i dont want to tighten them to much more and damage the tubing.

I also noticed the barbs seems to be a bit smaller around the top then the ones on a storm, as i can see fluid getting to about half way down the barb. On the storm there was 0 space for fluid to not go straight into the nozzle, this d-tek is letting some fluid swirl about over the barbs in between it and the tubing... maybe by a millimeter or two

Reckon that might be a problem?

Go down to Lowe's/Home Depot and pick up some hose clamps if the pressure bothers you. I use these on my Fuzion.

laguna_hose_clamps.gif

About the fluid going down the barbs, just make sure the clamps are tight and run it for a while to make sure it doesnt leak.

Those are similar to the clamps im using, but with 1/2" tubing and a clamp for each barb i was only just able to make them fit after a lot of pushing and pulling.

I didn't have time to leak test to much, 1 hr leak test no issues, remove bubbles etc. Had to get her up and running so i could get back to work.

Will keep an eye on the block, though with the kind of pressure holding the hold onto the barbs with such a snug fit I can't imagine it will leak.

like nikhsub1 say's if u use some 7/16 id tubing no need to use hose clamps ... the 7/16 tubing are so tight you will need to heat them in hot water tobe able to fit on the barb's ...

Back