• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koss 'lifetime warranty' - indeed it is

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadMan007

Magical Leopluridon Senior
So when I was a teen I got a pair of Koss TNT66 headphones for my birthday one year. They were nice phones and worked well but eventually the adhesive that holds the pleather cover over the foam surrounding the drivers loosened and I stopped using them. Been carting them around packrat style ever since. Doing some cleanup I found them and though 'What the heck, I read Koss has a lifetime warranty now I wonder if they did when I got these?' A decade and a half old I figured naah but why not send an email. Here's the reply:
'Thank you for contacting koss customer service on your tnt66 .The tnt66 are under the koss lifetime warranty .The product is discontinued in being replaced with the r80 you can mail the tnt66 to koss with a check or moneyorder for $6.00 for the shipping fee in your product will be replaced with the r80 . If you have any questions or comments please contact us information below .'

Pretty awesome, no needing the receipt, no s/n or registration. Just 'send it back.' :thup: to Koss.

This seriously makes me want to consider Koss if I ever get some high-end headphones, they just don't have any models that get mentioned often.

Thats pretty nice how much were they originally, how much are those headphones now.

Not sure how much they were originally. Maybe $50? $70? And back then headphones sucked pretty badly, stock headphones now are much better than the rubbish back then. We had to go to a 'stereo store' that had higher-end brands to get them, no big-box stores or interweb then ;p This was before the days of cheap Chinese communist labor too but at the same time they were midrange. I think the series went from TNT55-88.

How old are you now 40? :bday: I kid i kid, Thats a good deal. Koss have some good stuff.

Haha no but I'm sadly getting up there compared to many of the young whippersnappes on this board I guess. If you're smart you can get a reasonably close range from some of the hints in the story.

p.s. GET OFF MY LAWN YOU DAMN KIDS!

decade and a half = 15 years, so if you were around 15 when you got them, your in your 30's now. ;) I win. lol. Good story though, didnt know they offered a lifetime warrenty.

One of my all time favorite budget (not really) headphones is the PortaPro Jr line. I think they also had the lifetime on them.

If you know which Koss to get. You can get a really nice product. AFAIK, they have like 5 headphone products that are pretty good.

Back to the Porta Pro Jr line. They have been around for like forever and still are a good headphone. Matter of fact, I have owned tow sets and was happy with both. Never partook on the sending them in though. I just got another set. Or went with another brand. When I was getting my wife a new set of phones. My pick was a set of Koss(Porta Pro) or a set of AKG. She liked the looks of the AKG, now wishes she listened to me and got the Porta Pro. She got to hear a set and she liked them. Little muddy in the middle, but good all around, just like the rest of the Koss line.

Back