• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why im HOT??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperMiguel

Super User
i have a p120.3 thermachill, a d-tek fuzion, a MCP655 pump and 1/2" tubing two fans blowing to the processor. And im actually have really high temps like 40C idle with the stock speeds :S:S what's going on?? this is supposed to be one of the better setups for water cooling :S any recomendation??? on what should i do??
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e89/miguelv2002/10182007088.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e89/miguelv2002/10182007087.jpg

my loop is T-line---pump---cpu----radiator---pump
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e89/miguelv2002/09212007046.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e89/miguelv2002/09212007039.jpg

and my room temperature are like 78F like 26-28C

Last edited:
Your links do not work.

How many intake and exhaust fans do you have?

Where is the rad? is cool air going through it?

Have you tried re-seating the block?

What kind of thermal paste did you use and how much?

Is this the rig in your sig? As that looks to be an AM2 board.

Are these temps with that Q6600 at stock? If not, what volts and clocks?

Could be one of many things:

Bad mount on CPU block.
- Try the thin line of AS5 down the middle.
- Remove block to check there's a good 'spread' of paste.
- Ensure there isnt too much TIM applied.
- Are you using a back plate?
-Concave IHS, either lap the CPU or bow the block.

Inaccurate temp probe on CPU
- My E4400 at stock idles at 37C with my WC setup, I've tried everything.

Air bubbles in loop
- Usually in the rad. Try tilting the PC about a bit to let them escape.

High ambient temp? What is your ambient?

And of course, you're bad temps are bound to be caused by unsleeved wires ;)

this is my rig
Asus Maximus Forumula (SE) (Fuzion Block) (BlackIce 240GT)
Intel Q6600 (Fuzion Block) (Thermochill pa120.3)
8800 GTS (Zalman Block) (BlackIce 240GT)
Corsair DDR2 1066 (Corsair fan)
2 150GB Raptors
1000W PSU

Room temp is about 75-80F
And yes it is stock... Everything in Auto on the bios
Try the thin line of AS5 down the middle + Concave IHS, either lap the CPU or bow the block?? What do you mean??
Are you using a back plate? yes
Remove block to check there's a good 'spread' of paste + Ensure there isnt too much TIM applied did it and it was perfect...

1st pic is Intel mobo while 2nd looks like AMD.

If that high temp is Intel one and assuming its Q6600 as in your sig, try uvoc, with WC, it should be no more than 9 C delta (load - idle) cpu temp using coretemp.

yep the sec pic is just to show how my setup is, and yes the second is my old amd, which got remplace by an intel q6600... So yes im talking about my q6600 with the maximus mb. and everything is in auto.. so im not oc

Room temp is about 75-80F
And yes it is stock... Everything in Auto on the bios
Try the thin line of AS5 down the middle + Concave IHS, either lap the CPU or bow the block??

Bowing the block makes it slightly convex. This allows for a better connection with the IHS.

It only drops temps by a few c though not enough to lower yours to where it should be. I would take the block off and make sure it had a tight seal on the IHS.

What are your load temps?

Last edited:
Those pics are not helping us, again as I said, try UVOC (click my sig) and if your delta load - idle temp is higher than 9 C, then definately something is not right with that WC system of yours.

Those pics are not helping us, again as I said, try UVOC (click my sig) and if your delta load - idle temp is higher than 9 C, then definately something is not right with that WC system of yours.

i cant even boot at stock values :(

I have the same problem you do. I've switched pumps, blocks, everything except my radiator. I think what it comes down to is some chips are hotter than others. It might have something to do with the IHS contact with the core, I don't know. Either way I'm getting 63C load temps at 1.484v and 3.6ghz. I see people on air hitting better temps than me (especially the new G0 stepping).

Mind you I'm on a E6600, not a Q6600...but I'd bet the chances of it happen are the same.

should i turn my radiator fan around?? so insted of blowing the air into the radiator it will blow out the radiator(taking hot air out)????

No. Blowing air into is more efficient. You could add fans on the other side which simultaneously blow out, but I don't think your problem is there. Do you have any temperature measurements of the water?

I'm idling my E6600 ES at about 46 degrees (C) at the moment, but I have way too warm water since my radiator isn't up to the task. Waiting in new parts though so not too worried with it.

Anyways, if you can get some temperature readings on your water that would be useful. If the water is between 25-30 degrees there's a problem with the heat transfer from your CPU I reckon. Or faulty temperature readings, as already suggested.

Did you ever test this setup on air for comparative numbers?

Back