• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Setup need some advise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MERKiN

Registered
Hello Forums,

I currently have a PC2-602 case from Antec (I believe that's the name of it, but its huge with integrated water cooling.) Now, i want to maintain water cooling on a new system I plan to build, and I think its time to put "Big Blue" to rest. She's a noisey machine. Now... I want to get this case here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129026&Tpk=Antec+P182SE+Silver I've built a few of those, (not that model, but an older one) and i love them. Sooooo quiet. I want to put some form of water cooling setup on this machine, I love what water has done for me in the past, and I don't think I'll go back to air. I'm probably going to throw an 8800GTX in there, and my 6 HDDs from my old machine.

So, my questions:

1.) Does anyone have this case? If so, can you fit a water system inside? I see it does have external holes for water tubing.
2.) I've never actually built my own external unit, but I think it will be worth it. Can someone please direct me to all the parts I need?

I don't have that case. Never seen it before, actually. It looks really...shiny. I like it.

Either way...I don't think an internal rad setup will work on that case. I don't know how the airflow in that case will be, but when it is all sealed up there are only 3 outlets (top, back, and PSU if your PSU vents that way). If you dump the heat from a CPU and a GTX inside of the case (internal rad) I think you'll run into a higher case temp than is ideal.

EDIT: I notice there are "inlets" on the front when it is all closed up. I still don't know how well the case will vent the heat. I didn't see room for a rad inside and if you want to cool a CPU and a GPU you'll probably want a 3 x120 rad. Looks like external mount is still your only solution.

No reason an external setup wouldn't work. You could probably put everything inside the case except the rad (read: pump, res/t-line) and not have a single issue with space.

Do you want a professional looking setup or do you care if it is ghetto or not? If you want professional you'll probably need to build a WCing box that contains, at the very least, the rad. You could also put the pump and res/t-line in there too. Then just run the hose into the case to the cpu->gpu and back out.

If you don't really care about how it looks, mount everything except the rad inside the case and find a nice place the the rad to sit near your setup where if can get some decent fresh air.

Nice case btw, I really like that thing.

Ah... yeah that case is nice. I've built a few for clients way back in the day, and they are SO quiet and stay really cool on the inside. Uhm... well, can you direct me to both the ghetto setup and the nice lookin one? I just wanna weigh my options here, I have no problem being ghetto (I still live in the ghetto rofl) with the case design, but this case is sexy... so i kinda want to keep it sexy :D

Back