• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another watercooled P182... [E4400 8600GTS]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clockwork_Apple

Just thought I'd share some pics of my latest build, currently running at stock and passive as I need to get some screws for the fans on the rad.

Specs in sig, added in a HR-05 on the NB, going to get a 70mm fan for it. 8600GTS after going under water went from 783 -> 810 on the core, used to artifact due to heat, plan on voltmodding it later this week.

D5 -> Rad -> Apogee GT -[7/16"]-> Maze 5 -[7/16"]-> DD BayRes -> D5

SNV30068.jpg

SNV30064.jpg

This is a reminder to always measure twice and cut once, cut the hole for the rad too far in and had to twist the tubing in a way I'd rather not... Made the brackets myself :)

SNV30065.jpg

Here's my new 8600GTS from XFX RMA with a Maze 5 block and some RAM sinks I had left over from another build.

SNV30062.jpg

...and mounted in the case (sorry for picture quality)

SNV30073.jpg

Just need to sort out some screws for the fans on the rad so I can start pushing this CPU and volt mod the graphics card.

Comments? :)

edit: Got some fans on the rad, need to sort out those wires :)

SNV30175.jpg

SNV30176.jpg

Last edited:
My approach to that case

Ver 1.

antec.JPG

Ver 2.

antecv.jpg

With gts in case, case fans are needed.

Last edited:
Our PCs look slightly similar with the DS3s (albeit different chipsets), Apogees, HR-05s and green coolant, and obviously the same case. Is that an MCR-320 aswell?

I've always liked the wider T-Line you used, yet to have seen anyone else with a similar setup :)

Can't wait to get the screws for fans on the rad, then I can really push this 8600GTS :D

Our PCs look slightly similar with the DS3s (albeit different chipsets), Apogees, HR-05s and green coolant, and obviously the same case. Is that an MCR-320 aswell?

Close in looks though I have p35 ds3r board. On the top is mcr320. This was version 1 of my watercooling setup and cpu was e4300. I came up with two other ways to install that rad with that case. Currently using version 4

Last edited:
Excellent job,

Have you considered removing the IHS off that E4400? Unlike its higher end cousins, the E4*00 series are not epoxied to the core :)

Nice job again,

bryan d

I've been considering it, but heat really isnt an issue in this setup. I can get to 3330Mhz (9x370) with just 1.475v, stable in Prime95, but cannot boot a single Mhz over that, tried upping volts on MCH and FSB, and I'm running the RAM well within spec.

I had a FSB hole between 320-370, maybe there's another? I've tried 420x8 with 1.5v and cant POST :(

Kinda lost why I cant go further, when volts are still relatively low.

I would suggest putting some ink on the pads (BSEL MOD), but I have heard that the mod does sit well with the Gigabyte lineup. Basically it fools the motherboard into thinking it is a stock 1066MHz FSB and giving looser timings to achieve higher clocks; that is the theory anyway.

3.3GHz is still not too shabby! :)

bryan d

Yep, pad mod was next on my list of things to do. I'm trying to find some evidence of it helping someone with a 800fsb to get higher clocks, cant seem to find anything...

Good job, I like it a lot.

How are those CPU and GPU temps with that passive setup (with case closed)?

Temps were OK, I was hitting 55C on the CPU and 39C on the GPU under load (both CPU and GPU loaded), but temps would slowly creep up as the heat wasnt being taken out of the loop...

I finally got some fans on there now. At 3330Mhz I'm hitting 60C loaded, but I think those readings are 15C over as Tjunction is 100C. At stock with 1.10v, idle is 37C, when ambient is about 20C... I'm sure Tjunction is meant to be 85C on this CPU.

bryan_d, apparently the BSEL mod doesnt work with GigaByte boards, so can't try that :(

Looks very well thought out. I'm looking at getting a new system soon to install within my p180 and am thinking of watercooling. I think this will be the template I will follow, just with the rad installed on top of the case.

Back