• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Major air issues, please help, my system wont' bleed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

milano_chris

Got the following:

Lian LI V1200
Thermochill PA120.2
Laing DDC Ultra 18W with Alphacool Reservoir top
FuZion CPU Block
EK GTX Block
Feser fluid

Been installed about 12 hours now and I can not get the air to bleed. I didn't use a t-pipe, all I did was top up via the resovoir. I've tipped, shook, turned and kick the case in every possible way but I can not get the air to bleed out. The pump is so loud that it's giving me a headache. If I tilt the case forward it's all nice and quiet but I want the air gone... please help me!

Have you tried turning the pump off and back on a couple of times? The sudden pulse sometimes helps in pushing out trapped air inside the pump or radiator. Where's the radiator located? I'm guessing the radiator is the major culprit when it comes to trapped air otherwise? Although if tipping the case makes things better I tend to believe there's air directly in the pump, actually.... can you try and tilt just the pump a bit in different directions and see what happens? Do you SEE air bubbles in the tubing?

The Alphacool reservoir top isn't the best thing since sliced bread. I don't remember where, but I do remember reading testing results that show that the reservoir hurts the pump's performance significantly.

Anyway, you can always install, even if temporarily, a t-line in your loop, preferably at the highest point.

Also, air traps like crazy in radiators. I don't know how you have yours mounted, but remember that the PA rads have a bleed screw which can help let out air from the rad if it is mounted vertically with the barbs down, or horizontally.

I'll bet if you were using a Swiftech Microres, you wouldn't be having this problem, although I realize a Swiftech res may be hard to come by in the UK.

My rad is mounted horizontally along the top of the case taking up the top drive bay. The pump as res are located beneath this.

I do have a bleed screw and I've had it open but no luck. I'll try stop starting the pump, won't be hard as I have a small 250W ish PSU with loopback fitted on the mobo power connector.

Back