• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg now guaranteeing UPS will abuse your package

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have yet to have a single package damaged by UPS. But then again, I ship everything FedEx.

lol.. My UPS driver must dislike me.. I have a folder I keep of pictures of the mishandled packages. I've had packages delivered to me ripped wide open. Yet I've only had a few items actually damaged. I thought the picture on there website was kinda funny though. :)

By the looks of this last picture Newegg is now guaranteeing UPS will abuse your package.

Kinda funny seeing just about everyone of my packages come to me like this now. And I order from them at least once a week.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...M+1.6GHz+512MB+DDR2+ATI+Mobility+Radeon+X1400

That is hilarious. "Excuse me Newegg, but the box appears damaged....err just like the picture in the ad..." Maybe it's like those pre-stressed jeans... Pre-damaged boxes... Dumpster Chic.

I am VERY surprised they took the picture of the box and posted it.

UPS killed my first 22" LCD. The box looked llike it had been in a war. UPS then purchased said monitor.

i jsut got one delivered this week from newegg by UPS. Looked like some one punched in the side but luckily all the contents were accounted for and unharmed. when i get home tonight i'll post a picture. It's a pretty big hole/gash so i was a little worried that some one took something from the box.

Everything I've ordered lately has been small light boxes, but arrive here just fine.

Bigger things, I'll goto ZZF and get Free FEDEX Ground and NO TAX.

But that pic is funny as hell though.

Never had a problem with UPS, after 100+ shipments from them. Maybe it is just my area..

hahaha newegg is so funny, they must have overlooked that crushed box.
still UPS is hit and miss, ive shipped over 100 packages all ups, and ive never had one get lost. Although ive had beat up packages arrive at my house before.

drivers dont typically load their own trucks, most of the damage done to packages is done on the belt or by the guys/girls loading the big 53' trailers...and about half of that can be attributed to the guy up on the belt that refuses to slow down so everyone can get caught up, which causes the belt to back up and start spittin packages off the side. when i worked in the UPS hub, i saw lots of packages fall off the belt to go tumbling 20 feet to the concrete.

It's a common courtesy for USP to drop kick your box off the loading paddock before it gets to the truck. Thats What Brown Can Do For You®

Its generally not the delivery drivers who abuse the packages anyway.. I'd figure 90% of damage is done by the loaders.

I have personally watched UPS drivers stand on multiple boxes to get at the boxes on the very top. And I personally observed that one of the boxes said FRAGILE across it. The top was bowed in by that point, of course. The driver never even looked to see what he may be stepping on.

Back