• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help! Help! HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spartacus51

My little cousin is getting more and more into computing (he's 6) and wants to be able to play the newer games now. We were getting him a new comp. for christmas (new to him at least, pII 266) but that still wasn't good enough for the game he wanted (Madden 2K2 that his comp illiterate mother had already bought him for xmas) so decided to upgrade the proc for him (and ram too, good deal for me, rents bought me a new 512 of OCZ pc150 and he gets my old generic pc133). We were looking at a pII-350 but on the same page was an add for a celery 700 for same price. Needed a slocket adapter which was another $10, but a good upgrade. Came today and I tried popping the chip in... no response though. Computer seems to turn on (although only about half of the fans fly) hd fires, but nothing on monitor. Don't have the board book and there's nothing indicated on the board itself. Was in an older gateway, 2 years or so. I think at the time of release it was latest and greatest. Anyone have any ideas? Settings I may need to change? (Looked all over the board, no DIPs or Jumpers that I can find)

I tried underclocking (ugh) the chip on the slocket, set FSB at 66 hoping that it would at least detect the card, still got nothing.

Will that old of a board not accept a slocket/celery?

check the chipsets on the mbo to determine if its a bx, i do not believe the pre-bx supported celeries...also try flashing the bios if you can find one for it...and yes Madden will tke a heckuva lot more than a PII to play nicely...

Back