• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my first bad asus rma

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toddm27

well over the years, I've heard tons of horror stories from asus rma's, I've never had any issues until recently when I rma'd a p5b deluxe, in the past I've always done the advanced rma, well this board I decided not to, just did a standard as I was in no hurry for it.

Got my rma #, sent it in, no issues, 2 weeks go by, and I get tracking info, thought all was well, I get the "New" board back, it's a retail box board, I think great, I open the box and to my surprise, I'm gonna go over a few things here, first off the board should be on the bottom of the box with the cardboard protector over the top, accessories on top of that, well asus sent the protective cardboard on the bottom, accessories, static bag, and then the board with no cpu socket protector installed(let alone even in the box, missing in action), yes, that's right you heard me right, the board was sitting on top of the static bag, not in it, and now for the icing on the cake, it has a sticker over the pcie and top pci slot, which reads, no video 9-20-07:mad:, I thought ok, somebody screwed up, and didn't remove it, so I tried to get it to post, nope, nothing.

My next step is to contact asus, I do so and am asked if I contacted tech support, WTF, how is tech support going to help me for a problem with you sending me an unfixed board, not to mention the way it was shipped, needless to say I'm still waiting on a manger to return my call, thus far, severely unhappy:mad:.

Up until now, in my intel ventures, I've been almost exclusively asus, this stunt may be the end of my asus purchases

If it makes you feel better I mailed board to gigabyte to fix fan header. Three weeks later I got the board back in the same condition that I mailed it in. No physical evidence that the board was even touched. Though gigabyte put board in the bag. Now I wonder if I can recover shipping cost from gigabyte.

Last edited:
That's ridiculous. :mad:

The only time I didn't have a perfect experience with Asus RMA was also the single time I didn't do advanced...so I'm never going to do that again.

Back