• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT return policy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadMan007

Magical Leopluridon Senior
I read a while back (maybe on the [H]?) that ABIT takes back boards even without receipt if you send them $25. I need to do this with my dead BH6 so I can use the replacement in a comp I am building for a gift. Does anyone know more about this? Abit's site is not too forthcoming about this (surprise :) )

Thanks,
MadMan

Though I have never personally sent anything back to Abit, I can confirm through others that this is indeed true, so long as the terms of the warranty have not been violated.

Actually it sounds very true.

When I RMAed my HDD from WD.

All I sent was my HDD and nothing except for a customs signature nothing that explained what happen.

All I did was enter the model number and they gave me a RMA number and I sent.

Although for your Abit you should call them up.

Your waranty should be valid and they may do the same thing make you enter your motherboard number some how send it in and they should return it for free.

Yeah but ABIT is impossible to get in touch with. They suggest not to talk to them but the company you bought the product from because they don't directly sell the product. But, I believe all there board have like a 3 - 6 year warranty, that is good for just about anything, unless you fried it. But don't expect a speedy response if you do send it. COuld be months before you hear anything.

Thats why I like this local vendor called Deals Direct they sell hella good stuff like Crucial ram, crystal orbs etc they are a great vendor and I don't like rmaing stuff since the shipping itself is like 1/4 of what the product is really is.

Anyways best to try to find a vendor so they can do a quick swap if anything goes wrong

Someone gave me the email address. dont think I have it any more. And they replied!

The reply was " sorry, we dont have any BH6 boards any more, so we are no longer dealing with them"

i.e. You are out of luck. I think the implication was that the warranty expired at 1 year.

Back