• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Woot! Inc.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
Woot! Inc. Woes....

Well, I am surprised to have to make this thread.

I ordered a Buttkicker for $20 + $5 on October 5th. They took the funds out of my PayPal account and I though all was good.

Quite a few days later, I haven't received it. I jumped on the woot.com site to check the status, I go to the "Your Account" page and am greeted with:

what you've bought

Nothing... yet!

I see this...and go, what is going on here. I sent them an email on October 12th and received an email asking for the transaction information. I sent it the same day and have not received a response yet.

I will be sending them an email asking what is going on, pointing to the DISPUTE that they forced me to open and to this thread. I want them to see that they need to solve this problem.

I repeat, I am very surprised that I have to post this, I have heard nothing but good reviews about them...

Last edited:
They were sent this:

I am very sorry it has come to this. I opened a dispute through Paypal and will escalate the matter if it is not resolved in a reasonable amount of time.

If you would like to see a review of your status with this transaction, I have posted it publicly on ocforums.com here.

You can also check the dispute status by searching for dispute #PP-355-XXX-XXX.

I am waiting for your response.

Thanks,
Corey (Thideras)

Honestly, I've only heard good things about Woot, other than the slower than snails shipping. I'm curious to see if this is just an isolated incident or a indication of a future trend

Honestly, I've only heard good things about Woot, other than the slower than snails shipping. I'm curious to see if this is just an isolated incident or a indication of a future trend
I really hope it isn't the latter...

Well, they refunded me the $25 :D

No email about it either, the only on I received was from PayPal saying the case was closed. I went in and I had 25 more than yesterday.

I rate their service....2 out of 5 dragons...

ca142235.gif
ca142235.gif
fd563f56.gif
fd563f56.gif
fd563f56.gif

Service could have been MUCH faster, this took since the 12th to get it resolved and required me to notify PayPal of what is going on before they did anything.

I'll try and stay away from them in the future.

Back