• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WOW @ FedEx Ground!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VinnyTAMU

So earlier this week I purchased my first Xbox 360 Elite, I was so excited. I purchased the Xbox through Buy.com and they promptly ship (Ground, with signature required) the package through FedEx ground. The package is shipped, and this morning I check on-line and find out it has been delivered (wow that was fast!). I skip one of my classes (yes I know, but it is my last semester) and go home to play with my new Xbox 360. When I get home I notice a door tag is on my front door, strange since they can't just leave the box without getting a signature. I look at the door tag more closely and see the words “Across the street 2855”. How could this happen! A $500 package that should be signed by myself or my roommate (he was at school all day) was just casually left at my neighbors house! I have never even talked with my neighbor even if I would I would not have authorized them to deliver the package to them. On top of that I don't live in the best neighborhood, I won't go into detail but last week our neighbor's (2 houses down) house got broken into.

So I call up FedEx, and they admit the driver should never have done that. I file a complaint about the driver and hopefully I can get my package from my neighbor without incident. I went over to the neighbor and despite the fact that 2 cars are in the drive way, no one is answering. I swear if my package is lost or stolen and FedEx makes me fight through a bunch of red tape to get a refund or my package back I will be IRATE!

Wow this really helped me vent!!! Anyone else have any similar issues with FedEx ground shipping?

*EDIT* I WAS ABLE TO GET MY PACKAGE FROM THE NEIGHBORS, THE PACKAGE WAS THANKFULLY UN-OPENED.

Last edited:
That is ridiculous, why would they not take no signature but then give it to someone else?????

I went over to the neighbor and despite the fact that 2 cars are in the drive way, no one is answering.

I'd bet your neighbour called a friend over to share in the glory of the free brand new Xbox 360 and they had the volume up too loud to hear you.

I'd say call FedEx again, tell them you are going to go the the police if they don't fix it, and if they don't start helping right away, do call police and ask what can be done to retrieve it from your neighbour.

I'd say call FedEx again, tell them you are going to go the the police if they don't fix it, and if they don't start helping right away, do call police and ask what can be done to retrieve it from your neighbour.

If I cannot get the package tonight I will do that first thing tomorrow morning!

It really isnt a Police problem. You have to solve it through Fedex and possibly get buy.com and the BBB involved if you dont get your X-box.

Calling the cops and saying " Hey Fedex left my package at a house across the street and they wont give it back" the cops will just say.. " Well not much we can do about that. Call Fedex"

Last edited:
It really isnt a Police problem. You have to solve it through Fedex and possibly get Bestbuy and the BBB involved if you dont get your X-box.
What does Best Buy have to do with this :eh?:

Then replace "the police" with "my lawyer". And it is not at all Buy.com's fault that FedEx didn't follow directions, unless you can prove that Buy.com never told FedEx to ask for signature.

Then replace "the police" with "my lawyer". And it is not at all Buy.com's fault that FedEx didn't follow directions, unless you can prove that Buy.com never told FedEx to ask for signature.

When I go to the FedEx website and track my package, next to "Service Type" I see "Ground-Indirect Signature Required-Domestic"

When I called FedEx, they told me that my neighbor at 2855 signed for the package?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Also I have been going to the neighbors house at regular 30 minute intervals, still no one answers. I am on pins and needles!

I would be printing screenshots of that tracking and documenting all actions and phonecalls you are making.

Its actually a Buy.com problem.

There are 3 types of signature required with FedEx.

Indirect Sign, pretty much anyone can sign for it, yep even your neighbor.
Direct Sign, You must sign for it, the driver may let a parent sign for it.
Adult Signature, You gotta be 21 or older and the driver must ID you.

So its not really FedEx's fault, they are following there own rules, Buy.com saved $1 by using Indirect sign as oppose to direct sign.

YES I FINALLY GOT MY PACKAGE!!!

Thankfully the package was unopened and my neighbors are nice (imagine that!), checked the Xbox 360 Elite box and the seal is still there! Luckly everything worked out for me, and the FedEx guy did not leave the package at my neighbors house with an old jeep, three wheeler and old rusty car parts in the front yard!!!

Its actually a Buy.com problem.

There are 3 types of signature required with FedEx.

Indirect Sign, pretty much anyone can sign for it, yep even your neighbor.
Direct Sign, You must sign for it, the driver may let a parent sign for it.
Adult Signature, You gotta be 21 or older and the driver must ID you.

So its not really FedEx's fault, they are following there own rules, Buy.com saved $1 by using Indirect sign as oppose to direct sign.

Wow this is good to know, I still don't think that FedEx should have left my package at the neighbors, but I am dissapointed that Buy.com did not use the Direct Sign or Adult Sign on my $500+ package!

This is still shocking that anyone can walk up to the truck and sign for a package and take it even though they do not live there or have anything to do with who the package is addressed to.

This is still shocking that anyone can walk up to the truck and sign for a package and take it even though they do not live there or have anything to do with who the package is addressed to.

The driver doesn't know who is who, nor do they check for an ID. There's nothing stopping someone from walking up to the guy and saying "oh, I was just doing some yardwork, that's my package" or similar.

wow that's great for u, man but I tell you, if you hadn't gotten your package back then FEDEX would have HAD TO reimbursed you. They CANNOT leave your package with a neighbor unless instructed to. You wouldn't have had much trouble getting some sort of reimbursement.

The driver doesn't know who is who, nor do they check for an ID. There's nothing stopping someone from walking up to the guy and saying "oh, I was just doing some yardwork, that's my package" or similar.

And this is what I find unacceptable and shocking.

To just give a package to any Joe Schmoe that is nearby is crazy and I am surprised there aren't lawsuits left and right about missing packages etc.

Reg Fed-Ex isn't too bad as i've had pretty good expieriences with them. Fed-Ex Ground is another story.

IMHO Fed-Ex Ground is run by a pack of brainless monkeys that should be taken out back and shot. I have a blonde exgirlfriend that has more brains :rolleyes:

I'd much rather have them leave the package on my doorstep than to accept any given signature. If it's left on your porch first, then is taken, it's a case of theft (since it's on your property) and you can possibly get the police involved... Though they won't be able to do much unless your house is monitored by security cameras (recording, at that) or saw who took it yourself.

Back