• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New memory and new benchies, are they worthy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TranceBear

Big Daddy Bear Senior
I finally broke down and got a MSI KT266APro2 M/B and some new RAM. I got some KingMax PC2700 and I am running them at 2-2-2. Check out the before and after specs. The CPU is my ole trusty AVIA 1gigger.

Before

TranceBear said:
This is with the new version on Sandra Pro, what is up with the higher numbers?

The new version of Sandra doesn't use the theoretical bandwidth for Rambust, etc, for comparison. It now uses a more real-world throughput value. That's why DDR mem is basically scoring equiv to Rambust while before Rambust was still off the charts in unusable/unrealistic bandwidth in the old Sandra.

--Garthran

well I think the older version shows quite a bit of improvement. I haven't gotten the newest version of sandra yet so I guess I should do that first.

Why the heck are you running at 140fsb with 2700ddr?
Crank it up :D

I finished my testing with the Kingmax 2700.
Max 100% stable fsb cas 2-2-2, 2.7v.
1X256mb=180
2X256mb=168

Last edited:
Pardon my Ignorance, but in reference to the Ram what is 2-2-2. I know one is CAS latency but the other?
And has anyone ran the new PC3000 offered by OCZ yet.
Or know if the 2700 is stable on the Dragon + board.
Thanks.

Placid said:

1X256mb=180
2X256mb=168

I have not had the time to tweak it up yet, I figured that I would run it at what I used to until I get a new CPU. I think 1.6-1.7 is the max for this poor little 1ghz.

Placid said:

1X256mb=180
2X256mb=168

What CPU?

I would like to know how you got your computer running at 180FSB when I cant get mine to post at 160FSB?

I have a Soyo Dragon+

1 stick of KingMaxs PC2700 256meg ram.

Even when I set all my memory timings to the safest, it still wont boot up.

Ideas?

Edit:

DUH! I see you had your ram at 2.7 volts to get 180FSB. To bad the Dragon+ doesnt support ram voltage adjustment!

Impressive... wish I had the dough to get a DDR setup right now... patience is a virtue I'm learning on a daily since buying a new car... new car=no money for PC stuff :(.

New car lots of fun though= :)

Back