• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg sucks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pak

I buy from these guys a lot. Never had a problem. But I paid for some "faster" shipping so I could get my items soon. That was on the morning of the 24th. I was hoping and paid for my items to come on the 26th. I got a little busy and forgot about them to be honest, but I just got an email that said the items were shipped out today, the 28th.

Guess I just have to call and complain in the morning.

--pak

There are bound to be plenty of reasons that any supplier could be delayed by, but nonetheless, you are due a refund on the rush processing or if delivery time is late, the shipping charge.

Remember, this could have happened elsewhere!

"In the battle between you and the world, count on the world."

Problems happen, they are a large company. No reason to overreact and call the whole company bad ;)

Remember: You should base the company not on the number of problems they have, but on how they solved those problems ;)

What shipping option did you choose? Also did you read the fine print with the expedited shipping?

Newegg seems to get things out faster when you use the cheapest shipping option available. I tried getting things overnight a couple times and both orders were delayed. They usually can get orders to me in 2 to 3 days with standard shipping so I gave up on trying to get rushed deliveries. They still are the first place I check for parts.

Problems happen, they are a large company. No reason to overreact and call the whole company bad ;)

Remember: You should base the company not on the number of problems they have, but on how they solved those problems ;)

Ok, so I just got off the phone with them and I was pretty much told I was SOL. I got some BS about items are not processed for 24-48 hours. Order was place wed morning and did not get processed till sunday evening and it actually has not even gone out yet as of right now.

I don't see how anyone can find this to be acceptable.

--pak

Ok, so I just got off the phone with them and I was pretty much told I was SOL. I got some BS about items are not processed for 24-48 hours. Order was place wed morning and did not get processed till sunday evening and it actually has not even gone out yet as of right now.

--pak

It isnt. It doesnt necessarily make the entire company bad, but Im sure nobody agrees with the service youve gotten.

Shipping isn't everything, it's nice but unless you're willing to really shell out the big bucks for premium service, you don't always get the icing on your cake.

I do however agree that Newegg is starting to suck more and more these days. In particular I am dissatisfied with the user comments, they're terrible. Take a look at reviews on processors some time and you'll see a slew of morons quoted as saying something along the lines of "dur this quad core owns my athlon 1.6ghz [on single thread processes, due to sheer speed improvement, not cores] dur hur hur".

--pak
Sh** happens. They offer express processing for same day shipping if you order early enough but even then they state that it's not absolutely do-able.

--pak

They explicitly state on their site that orders are not processed for 24 - 48 hours. When you pay for faster processing that may cut it down a bit but they also say its not guaranteed.

It is strange that they didnt process it until Sunday. Afaik they dont operate on weekends.

What exactly did they tell you?

IMO they may be a bit slow with your order but that hardly means they suck..

if you pay for express processing and overnight delivery then I would be angry but I'm guessing that's not the case... Check the tracking link they give you, what date is it scheduled for delivery?

I buy from these guys a lot. Never had a problem. But I paid for some "faster" shipping so I could get my items soon. That was on the morning of the 24th. I was hoping and paid for my items to come on the 26th. I got a little busy and forgot about them to be honest, but I just got an email that said the items were shipped out today, the 28th.

Guess I just have to call and complain in the morning.

--pak

Dear Customer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your informative review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to your situation. At your earliest convenience, please contact me personally at [email protected] or by phone at 800-390-1119 ext.25040 for further assistance.

Sincerely,
Newegg.com

Dear Customer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your informative review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to your situation. At your earliest convenience, please contact me personally at [email protected] or by phone at 800-390-1119 ext.25040 for further assistance.

Sincerely,
Newegg.com

There ya go....

Newegg to the rescue....:)

Dear Customer,

Sincerely,
Newegg.com

I should add this to my outlook contacts and speed dial. :)

I wish I didn't take a nap today. Ill make the call tommorow. Thanks.

--pak

Back