• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Danderden and NCIX, mixed feeling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tekko

This story starts with me ordering a DD Tyee block from NCIX.com on August 22nd. Site list the item as special order 1-2 week delay, no biggie. Wait 3 weeksnot a word so I call them, yup they just happens to receive then, it's getting sent express to me. Get the block but it's defective(no gpu/block contact) RMA get arranged really fast gets a new one fairly fast. I open the package to see that I'm missing screws from the mounting hardware and can't even get a partial/test mount going so I have no idea if the block is good this time. Contact NCIX, they tell me that if I want I can have them contact DD and arrange to get the missing pieces for me but it might take longer. So I take apon myself to contact DD, after sending a copy of my invoice to prove that I did buy the block they tell me a full se of mounting gear is in the mail for me...every few day the DD rep contact me to gen an update but still empty mailbox. now the DD rep has stopped contactime me and I'm still with out a working block as of october 29th.

So over 2 months with no working block, every person involved in this offered great support for there respective compagnie But even if everyone has been helpful I'm getting ****ed as the fact that my main rig has been collecting dust for a while now and my HTPC is acting up so I'm running on a rig from salvaged parts from my closet. I' not sure what I should do now, anyone got advices?

go to homedepot, get 4 bolts and 4 nylock washers, grab a screwdriver and a wrench.

or wait.

i got a full set of mounting hard-ware for all my blocks, but it usually ends up ill do some of my own modifications to it.

I wish I could, but everywhere I call they have nothing remorely close to 2-56 quarter inch long screws. Guess I,m stuck moaning and bitching to get something going with DD(well more like talk as whining will not resolve anything).

I wish I could, but everywhere I call they have nothing remorely close to 2-56 quarter inch long screws. Guess I,m stuck moaning and bitching to get something going with DD(well more like talk as whining will not resolve anything).
If it is longer, that is ok.

if its too long, then you need a hack saw, and a vice.

on my wooden case i had about 30 screws to cut down to the proper length. it painful but went by quite quickly, especially with new blades every 10 screws. (lots of cheap blades is a must)

the trouble is not the length, pretty much no one got anything smaller then 6-36, but this time I got tracking on my next hardware mounts...sucks that fedex only support tracking until it cross a border but at least I,ll know what's going on for a few days...

Could your stuff be sitting in customs or something? Shipping to "Mexico North" there where you are at can be a pain in the butt sometimes. My personal experience with Danger Den was nothing but pleasant, but I ordered from them directly. YMMV. Best of luck no matter what.

Well after talking to some rep they are sending an other set with tracking so I,ll know what's going on up until it hit the border then all bets are off...hopefully something will get through.

I know DD is had great customer care. but bad luck is testing my nerves.

Back