• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what fan speed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Elluzion

i am in the market for buying fans for my new computer. I am going to have a tripple rad on the top (of the inside of the case) with 3 x 120mm fans on them. probably blue LED.

I was looking at the yate loons and I have the options of getting:

-47cfm

-88cfm

or 70.5 cfm.

or this fan, which is 78cfm and only 20 db!! http://www.jab-tech.com/Thermaltake-Thunderblade-120mm-LED-Fan-Blue-pr-2484.html

I dont want it to be too loud, otherwise its gnna sound like a jet taking off everytime I turn on my pc..... which one?

Recommendations???

Also, is their a way to put a fan filter on the front fans that I have in my PC case for dust? what to do about dust? How to clean the inside of my case?

On the ThermalTake one....those numbers are an outright lie. I have the "non-led" version of it (came with my armor case) and it is WAY louder than my Yate Loons...

IMHO, Yate Loons (high speed) on a fan controller would be your best bet.

If you don't want filters (they restrict airflow), compressed air is the way to go. I did it every 3 weeks (OCD :rolleyes:) and it never got really bad.

On the ThermalTake one....those numbers are an outright lie. I have the "non-led" version of it (came with my armor case) and it is WAY louder than my Yate Loons...

IMHO, Yate Loons (high speed) on a fan controller would be your best bet.

If you don't want filters (they restrict airflow), compressed air is the way to go. I did it every 3 weeks (OCD :rolleyes:) and it never got really bad.

Oh ok, So the high speed ones will work well? Hmm not sure what fan controller because I am going to have 6 or 7 fans running in my case..... any ideas???

Oh compressed air on the fans? but wont that get dust into your case if you close the fans with compressed air? and what about dust all over your components..?

With those Yates on the rad, you could make yourself a custom wiring harness and run all 3 off of 1 channel on your fan controller. Most fan controllers are good for 16-18 watts per channel and 3 Yates shouldn't overload the channel.

generally when i use compressed air, (about every month) I use it on the whole system all fan, other componets ect, until all the dust is out. Even using a dust sheild isnt going to prevent all dust from getting through. in fact in my experience it does almost nothing at all.

I've used a backing cloth, I forget exactly what it is now, but it is extremely effective as a filter. All the larger particles are filtered, and the smaller ones form such a small coating that its moot.

Yeah well I would probably used compressed air once in a while all over the case and all the interirior to get it out....

Back