• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vendors and Shipping to other than Billing Address

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SteveLord

I know everyone has had this happen before.

Vendors put the fine print on your order saying that your shipping addresses need to be on file with the Bank, blah blah blah.
I have Bank of America and these people want me to call, change it to my work address and then call back to change it back to my home address...which I refuse to do.

I prefer having stuff shipped to my work address, because I suspect business addresses receive shipments faster than residential AND I don't have to worry about the schmuck driver doing dirty deeds with my boxes, UPS style. Goes to the Receiving Department and they bring it up here or call me down. Simple.

Newegg is OK. Although they have given my father this issue before in the past.

ZipZoomFly is OK. However, they've did this to me recently and I asked them why it was a problem when I placed an order 2 weeks before that and it shipped fine.

EWiz. NO GO. Ships to Billing address or it goes on hold.

Does anyone actually have a bank that will allow multiple verified addresses?

I know everyone has had this happen before.

Vendors put the fine print on your order saying that your shipping addresses need to be on file with the Bank, blah blah blah.
I have Bank of America and these people want me to call, change it to my work address and then call back to change it back to my home address...which I refuse to do.

I prefer having stuff shipped to my work address, because I suspect business addresses receive shipments faster than residential AND I don't have to worry about the schmuck driver doing dirty deeds with my boxes, UPS style. Goes to the Receiving Department and they bring it up here or call me down. Simple.

Newegg is OK. Although they have given my father this issue before in the past.

ZipZoomFly is OK. However, they've did this to me recently and I asked them why it was a problem when I placed an order 2 weeks before that and it shipped fine.

EWiz. NO GO. Ships to Billing address or it goes on hold.

Does anyone actually have a bank that will allow multiple verified addresses?

Bank of America is the devil when it comes to multiple addresses on the same account.. BOA business credit cards do allow you to have multiple addresses.. If you are using a Debit card through any major bank you likely cannot add an alternate shipping address.. All the mainstream credit card companies do allow multiple addresses, CITI CapitalOne Etc...

They only write the alternate address in the notes section though and very often if a lot of notes are added the phone rep will not be able to find the alternate address (had this happen a bunch of times) .

Edit... AMEX are the best as they have a dedicated merchant number to call and verify things.

Last edited:
I have shipping and billing addresses with my credit card company.

When I register at a website to make a purchase I give them only my shipping address (even in the billing address fields).

No problems with my shipments, no holds, and always ship directly to my shipping address because it is on file with my credit card.

BoA has never given me a problem with multiple addresses.

I tried this with them a few years ago and even recently, thinking they would have maybe changed their policies...nope.

And yes, this is with a debit card.

With a debit card it kind of doesn't surprise me, it is probably the address on your checking account too after all and it's not a 'real' credit card. Any actual credit card should be fine. If you're able, just get a bank-issued credit card and pay it off the day you make the order from your checking account.

With a debit card it kind of doesn't surprise me, it is probably the address on your checking account too after all and it's not a 'real' credit card. Any actual credit card should be fine. If you're able, just get a bank-issued credit card and pay it off the day you make the order from your checking account.

Thats kinda what I figured. But I guess I also figured that policy would be across the board.

My wife has a secured credit card through the bank. Maybe I'll swipe that or get one for myself to use soley for online ordering.

Back