• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best five inch bay res

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bageland2000

Title says most of it. I'm still researching for my new WC setup and I just can't find a good res. For style/sexiness I'd really like to have a drive bay res. Can anyone suggest one, maybe with flow indicator. Thanks!

I have the XSPC and i think its a good clan looking part. it has no flow indicator built in but it looks real clean.
bayresbig.jpg

Thermaltake makes a 5.25 bay res with flow meter...uses 2 5.25 bays, the drawback is it only takes 3/8" ID hosing. If that's what you were gonna run I'd go that way, but I wouldn't drop to 3/8", 1/2" is min if you want great cooling, for aethetics though, 3/8 is easier to work with.

The xspc look nice, never tried them, probably pricy. From my experience with different 5.25 reservoirs, it was always bad idea to go with single one.

ummm bacteria, did you post your custom made res? are you planning on giving it to me or what cuz it doesnt really do me a lot of good :)

I can give you the measurements if that helps...

Apart from that all you need is some nail polish remover and a couple of clamps. Honesty if you make it yourself its like half the price of the one you want to buy.

I can give you the measurements if that helps...

Apart from that all you need is some nail polish remover and a couple of clamps. Honesty if you make it yourself its like half the price of the one you want to buy.

Nail polish remover is a tad off. What you need is acetone, or if you can find it methylethylketone(MEK). You can find both at a local hardware store.*

And in terms of a bay res, Have you considered a t-line? I've seen a number of posts about bay res's breaking after a while, and a number of people go "whats a t-line" after somebody mentions one in their reservoir thread.

* I was unable to find MEK at the local Lowes, so I had to search for it at Home Depot.

yeah i have considered a t-line. I think that if i can find a decent res id like to go that route but thanks for the suggestion! I guess I can look into building my own, I am usually a proponent of doing things yourself. Mycro, if you would PM or post those measurements that'd be great. Thanks.

Back