• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this real DDR 333?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoFigure

I purchased 2 sticks of Kingmax DDR 333 from MemorySuppliers. I was afraid that memory prices might go up, so I went ahead and bought it for a new PC I plan to build next month. Thus, I have no way to test it right now as I have not bought the motherboard yet. MemorySuppliers has a 30 day return policy and lifetime warranty. The 256 MB DIMM has 8 chips on each side labeled KDL684T4A2A -07A. Are these 5 ns and true DDR 333?

Thanks.

That's on the chips or the kingmax sticker?
I am almost positive mine have -5 at the end of the letters-numbers on the chips.

I will look later and let you know for sure.

The sticker says PC2700. The chips have the number I mentioned screened on them.

Thanks for checking.

My chips have Kingmax printed on them and the end says -05.

Check on the kingmax site and see if you can find a match.

Somethings not right.

Thanks Placid,

I can't find the specs for these chips anywhere on the Kingmax site.

GoFigure

I pulled a stick out so I could get the full information.

The sticker is marked:
MPMB62D-68KX3
DDR-333 256 CL 2.5

The Chips are marked:
Kingmax
KDL684T4A2A

Hope this helps.

Thanks again Placid,

I e-mailed MemorySuppliers and they asked for the chip #s. I suspect these are 7ns chips. I told them I need 5 ns. I'll see what happens and post my finding.

I appreciate you help.

Happy Holidays

GoFigure said:
Thanks again Placid,

I e-mailed MemorySuppliers and they asked for the chip #s. I suspect these are 7ns chips. I told them I need 5 ns. I'll see what happens and post my finding.

I appreciate you help.

Happy Holidays

Isn't real 333DDR 6ns? :)

/OC&Burn

Kingmax has PC2700 333 DDR ram at 5ns every other bran I have seen is at 6ns.
So the answer is yes Kingax does have 5ns ram.

There are 2 different Knigmax 333 chips with the same part #. One has -07a chips and one has -05 chips. I can only assume that the 5 are 5ns and the 7a is 7.5 overclocked. I have the pdf on the 7a's from kingmax (it wasn't on their website) and it says 7.5ns. I don't have one for the 05 ones, but some vendors have the o5 ones marked 333 and some 07a marked 333. I have seen at least one review for the kingmax 5ns modules that was pretty good.

Thanks,

I couldn't find the -07A spec on Kingmax's site, but I suspected them to be 7 or so ns. MemorySuppliers told me to return and they would replace with 5 ns chips. They said they would special order them for me, and so far, they have not indicated they will charge me any extra. I'll post after I recieve and indicate the chip type.

Hmm.... that store is really sneeky, tryin to sell you 7ns chips with a DDR333 sticker on it.... I've heard of KingMax DDR333 dimms with 6ns chips, but not 7. DDR300 is suppose to have 6ns chips, and 5ns for DDR333

GoFigure said:
Thanks,

I couldn't find the -07A spec on Kingmax's site, but I suspected them to be 7 or so ns. MemorySuppliers told me to return and they would replace with 5 ns chips. They said they would special order them for me, and so far, they have not indicated they will charge me any extra. I'll post after I recieve and indicate the chip type.

Sounds like you may have picked the right outfit to buy from, if it really was an honest mistake. I bought mine from Kommax, and I've sent them an email. Hope they respond as your vendor did to you! I feel as though I've been violated.

Last edited:
I called komax and had him go to the warehouse and read the # on the chip to me. It was -05 so I made sure that he sent those parts and not any 07a's. I beleive that the first batch of kingmax333's were overclocked hand picked 7.5 ns chips and now they may have updgraded to the 5's but I am going to talk to their engineer on Monday and find out for sure. It soes however, seem a bit shady!

I noticed that awhile ago.
I figured either ctspd can't do 5ns or since the memory is produced and spd as 2700 that the 6ns reading is normal.

If it read more than 6 in ctspd I would be concerned.

Back